Green Eyes

Green Eyes

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
no. there is no way to figure out their own eye color without you coming there and saying something.
You didn't say yes or no to this:

"Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes are not green then point to him."
( I'm guessing the answer is no )

From page 1:
"If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of their eyes are green and they all know it.

The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
"Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them."

Read a book!

Moves
13 Dec 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
"Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them."
Are they allowed to communicate with each other?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Dec 16
3 edits

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Are they allowed to communicate with each other?
All I know for sure is they can't talk, but they can hear and understand what they hear. So this means whoever says anything to them cannot be one of them.

Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.
This suggests they aren't allowed to communicate by talking or through any other means.

And telling them something they don't already know seems to be key, or one of the key clues to solving this. So this all adds up to you saying something that convinces them (and convinces the watchman) they all have green eyes and know this to be true... all 100 having green eyes becomes known, and the watchman knows that this is known as well.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
13 Dec 16

All I know for sure is they can't talk, but they can hear and understand what they hear. So this means whoever says anything to them cannot be one of them.

[b]Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.

This suggests they aren't allowed to communicate by talking or through any other means.

And telling them someth ...[text shortened]... e... all 100 having green eyes becomes known, and the watchman knows that this is known as well.[/b]
you are right except for one thing-you have to tell them something they already knew. its not the key to figuring this out, its part of the rules.

Read a book!

Moves
13 Dec 16

you are right except for one thing-you have to tell them something they already knew. its not the key to figuring this out, its part of the rules.
Thanks for finally straightening that out.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Okay, so I am telling them something they already knew. Got it.

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Dec 16

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.
Is that something each of them already knew?

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Okay, so I [b]am telling them something they already knew. Got it.

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.[/b]
can you say that again? I dont understand.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
14 Dec 16

them being the greeneyed people, yes.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

them being the greeneyed people, yes.
Each one of them already knew that everyone had green eyes?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Dec 16

Each green eyed person can see that everyone else has green eyes, so that much is known by each person. But what each person doesn't know is the color of their own eyes.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Dec 16

can you say that again? I dont understand.
( Same answer I gave Handy )

Each green eyed person can see that everyone else has green eyes, so that much is [already] known by each person. But what each person doesn't know is the color of their own eyes.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Dec 16

Each one of them already knew that everyone had green eyes?
Wait, what? They all know everyones eyes are green, including themselves? In other words, each individual already knows his own eyes are green?

#%@&!!

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
14 Dec 16

Wait, what? They all know everyones eyes are green, including themselves? In other words, each individual already knows his own eyes are green?

#%@&!!
no!
whered you get that?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
14 Dec 16

no!
whered you get that?
I got it from you and Handy.