Barrell poser

Barrell poser

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by katia08
lots of drill holes? ha ha.... just wanted to look at it from a non-scientific angle.πŸ˜€
Think you are correct. Filled with 10kgs worth of drilled holes.

Moves
30 Dec 08

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Please tell us what the answer is -I think we give up.
Sorry for the delay in replying mate,As I was slightly inebriated at the time I'd forgotten all about posting the question in the 1st place
I'm afraid it was a bit of a trick question, the answer WAS simply holes,nothing remotely as scientific as some of the solutions posted. Apologies again people πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

F

Moves
30 Dec 08

"A freestanding 25kgs barrell is filled with something that immediately makes it weigh just 15 kgs."

What does "immediately" mean here?

If it has the mass of 25 kg, then it "immediately" lose 10 kg of mass, just by filling the barrel with holes. Doesn't sounds like "immediately" to me...

N

Small Town Manitoba

Moves
04 Jan 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
"A freestanding 25kgs barrell is filled with something that [b]immediately makes it weigh just 15 kgs."

If it has the mass of 25 kg, then it "immediately" lose 10 kg of mass, just by filling the barrel with holes. Doesn't sounds like "immediately" to me...[/b]
he didn't say "the filling" was immediate, he said "once filled the weight reduction was immediate"

GV

F

Moves
04 Jan 09

Originally posted by Nighthawk62
he didn't say "the filling" was immediate, he said "once filled the weight reduction was immediate"

GV
I interprete the 'immediate' word as it goes imediately from 25 kg to 15 kg.

If I fill a barrel with sand with a mass initially of 15 kg to be 25 kg, then it doesn't 'immediately' gain an extra mass of 10 kg, does it? It does so gradually as the sand is pouring in. If I persist that the mass gain was 'immediate', then the filling of new mass would be instantly.

If the hole drilling in the barrel in the original problem was instantly, then 'immediately' is used correctly. Else 'immediately' word is used in a uncorrectly way.

p

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Please tell us what the answer is -I think we give up.
Holes?

Moves
19 Apr 09

I interprete the 'immediate' word as it goes imediately from 25 kg to 15 kg.

If I fill a barrel with sand with a mass initially of 15 kg to be 25 kg, then it doesn't 'immediately' gain an extra mass of 10 kg, does it? It does so gradually as the sand is pouring in. If I persist that the mass gain was 'immediate', then the filling of new mass would be i ...[text shortened]... immediately' is used correctly. Else 'immediately' word is used in a uncorrectly way.
There are billions of lives out there,d'you want to go & get yourself one?
We're in the midst of a worldwide recession & you're being pedantic over my mis-use of the word immediately.I was originally going to ask you to get a grip, but I fear that you're already overstepping the mark in that regard. If you persist with such self degradation,I trust you do realise that you'll eventually go blind?

m

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by glandmaster flash
There are billions of lives out there,d'you want to go & get yourself one?
We're in the midst of a worldwide recession & you're being pedantic over my mis-use of the word immediately.I was originally going to ask you to get a grip, but I fear that you're already overstepping the mark in that regard. If you persist with such self degradation,I trust you do realise that you'll eventually go blind?
Calm it kermit

m

Richmond Hill

Moves
09 May 09

Else 'immediately' word is used in a uncorrectly way.
As if we needed any more proof that you didn't major in English.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 May 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Helium might reduce the barrel weight, but not its mass. The barrel must have been filled with some kind of agressive chemical that partly eats away the barrel.
He said "weighs".

Keeps

Shanghai

Moves
14 May 09

So can we make the barrell lighter by putting anything in it that blasts it into space? Like LSD or something

t

Moves
15 May 09

"A freestanding 25kgs barrell is filled with something that [b]immediately makes it weigh just 15 kgs."

If it has the mass of 25 kg, then it "immediately" lose 10 kg of mass, just by filling the barrel with holes. Doesn't sounds like "immediately" to me...[/b]
This question is a play on improper use of English. The barrel cannot be "filled" with holes.

@Fabian:

Drill the holes at the exact same time?