A Text Adventure, Part II

A Text Adventure, Part II

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 11
2 edits

You are in a jungle. It is humid and raining.

For Part I, see Thread 129656

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Mar 11

A gentleman in such circumstances should remove his clothing and sit on them until the rain has stopped; thereby ensuring dry clothing.

(This was an actual tip I read from something like "A Victorian Gentleman's Guide to Surviving The Tropics"😉

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 11

You are already naked. You have no clothes.

BK

Moves
06 Mar 11

fashion a spear out of sticks to defend myself

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 11

Banana King has a Wooden Spear

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
06 Mar 11

Fashion a bow and arrow out of sticks.
Wait for opportunity to ambush Banana King.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 11
2 edits

Clarkandfire does not know how to make a bow and arrow.

Banana King notices Clarkandfire eying him and brandishes his spear.

Clarkandfire remembers an old story. The Banana King was ambushed and killed by a cannibal, but using his nature magic, he came back to life and with his beast spirit ally and his deadly Banana Scythe, slew the cannibal and sent the thing's damned soul into the underworld from whence it came!

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
07 Mar 11

Play nice and offer my services to Banana King until a more fitting opportunity presents itself.

Moves
08 Mar 11

Lie on a branch in a nice big leafy tree sheltering from the rain.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by iamatiger
Lie on a branch in a nice big leafy tree sheltering from the rain.
Iamatiger shakes his groggy head and climbs to his feet. He sees Banana King and clarkandfire glaring at one another. He stretches forth his claws and clambers up a nearby tree and looks down at the clearing.

The Banana people are mostly lying unconscious on the ground of the clearing. The entrance to the cave has been covered with rocks and debris. Those people who are conscious seem to be gathering up their things and trying to figure out how to move all the unconscious people.

The banana grove has been stripped clean of all fruit. The Banana people are preparing to move on. They are muttering fearfully about curses and evil magic.

Moves
09 Mar 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]Iamatiger shakes his groggy head and climbs to his feet. He sees Banana King and clarkandfire glaring at one another. He stretches forth his claws and clambers up a nearby tree and looks down at the clearing.

The Banana people are mostly lying unconscious on the ground of the clearing. The entrance to the cave has been covered with rocks a ...[text shortened]... ple are preparing to move on. They are muttering fearfully about curses and evil magic.
[/b]
They all die.

BK

Moves
10 Mar 11

climb to top of trees tarzan style

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Mar 11
1 edit

[b][i]There is little to be seen from the tree canopy. The band of humans has begun to leave the area, wandering off to find more food. "Let's check the fig trees" one person says, and everyone decides to wander off that way. Soon, however, it becomes clear - the figs are mostly gone!

It seems as though some people or animals have already gathered the food in the area. Berry bushes have few berries. Fruit trees have little fruit. It's all been eaten or taken, but by who or what?

It soon becomes clear that the best source of food still available is meat. There still grunters and hoofers out there in plenty.

Iamatiger has little trouble feeding himself, but hunting is too challenging for him to provide for the humans. Besides, they're not kittens. Even kittens have to learn to provide for themselves eventually.

They will need to find a way to acquire meat on their own, because meat is what is available.

BK

Moves
10 Mar 11

i control one food group (or half of one)
does anybody control the meat products? lol

Moves
11 Mar 11

Go to sleep in tree