Who is the best chess player of all time??

Who is the best chess player of all time??

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07

Alekhine is and was the greatest player to play the game of Chess.

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
08 Aug 07
1 edit

Computer Analysis of World Chess Champions
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3455

The intent, according to the article, is to compare quality of play between champions.

You have to take into consideration that players, such as Tal, Kasparov and Karpov, will take psychological factors into account and may intentionally make a less accurate move in order to create complications or a position that they may feel is more conducive to their success.

You also have to take into consideration the complexity of the position, as stated in the article - and complexity is taken into account in the calculation provided by the article among other factors. Increasing the complexity of a position will make it more difficult for a player to find the most accurate move. (i.e. creating a highly imbalanced position or a position in which a player has many viable options which appear to be all about equally strong).

I'm presuming (and hoping) that the computer analysis did not take opening theory into account.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07
1 edit

The greatest player to have lived will always be an arguement....

And....Alekhine will always be one of the contenders.

P

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by chessisvanity
wow...easy big fella....ok kasparov is better....don't wet yourself now.

i bet you have a board signed by kasparov......take it easy man.

also...my comments about Alekhine with no computers or "seconds" had nothing to do with random chess...

do you have kasparov PJ's?
Heh... I never said Kasparov was better.

I just think what made both Alekhine and Kasparov great wasn't coaching, but they both had a passion for the game.

There are tons of people who no amount of coaching or computers would get them to that level.

i

Moves
08 Aug 07

back in the day User 287201 was a top contender, couldve won the world championship if his middlegame was better 🙂

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07

lol...i love the jokes at this site.

P

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by jvanhine
back in the day User 287201 was a top contender, couldve won the world championship if his middlegame was better 🙂
You gotta give it to him. He hasn't moved since Sept '06 and in this game: Game 2536645 he's really doing his analysis.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07

lmao.....i heard jesus christ was a checker player.

ob

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by Yuga
Computer Analysis of World Chess Champions
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3455

The intent, according to the article, is to compare quality of play between champions.

You have to take into consideration that players, such as Tal, Kasparov and Karpov, will take psychological factors into account and may intentionally make a less accurate move i ...[text shortened]... I'm presuming (and hoping) that the computer analysis did not take opening theory into account.
Intresting stuff.
I'm a bit surprised Lasker scored as well as he did.Also would've expected Fischer a bit higher.

MS

Under Cover

Moves
08 Aug 07

Morphy or Capablanca

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07

Alekhine damnit.

don't make me break my foot off in yer ass man!!

MS

Under Cover

Moves
08 Aug 07

Alekhine damnit.

don't make me break my foot off in yer ass man!!
I'm sure it would be quality entertainment for anyone to see you attempt it, but no thanks. Capa and Morphy were natural geniuses at the game. Morphy even gave it up as trivial...who knows how great he could have been.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
08 Aug 07

I KNOW....too bad he sucked at life and as a lawyer?

the fool didn't know how good he could have had it.....

m

Moves
08 Aug 07
1 edit

Kasparov. :-p

But really, I would probably have to say Hydra.

s

Moves
08 Aug 07

like i said.....everyone thinks the best guy of there time is the best guy.

thank you for proving my point psycho pawn.
But your choice died over 60 years ago! how old are you? if you aren't at least 75 I reckon you have disproved your own point