When your Queen is lost...

When your Queen is lost...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
07 Jun 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly
Liar.
Troll.

s

Moves
07 Jun 08

Originally posted by agentreno
Do you often look down your nose at people? This comment tells a lot about you as a person. You're not alone in using this derogatory language I see.

As for the original post, it seems fairly reasonable to continue playing without your queen if you can learn something from it. At any rate, your opponent cannot complain; he/she might even learn something from finishing you off in the most efficient manner possible.
How does stating he is a "1300-1400 rated patzer" tell something about me? It's simply a statement of fact.
Based on it, I think he is not qualified to make the claims he made.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by schakuhr
How does stating he is a "1300-1400 rated patzer" tell something about me? It's simply a statement of fact.
Based on it, I think he is not qualified to make the claims he made.
That's a rather poor choice of words, that doesn't even make sense.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly
That's a rather poor choice of words, that doesn't even make sense.t
Actually his statement makes sense, which can`t be said about you.

V

Moves
08 Jun 08

Originally posted by Evey Hammond
I've had many opponents who have resigned after an error that resulted in the loss of their Queen. But when I make this mistake and lose mine, I have had a few games where I've played on and managed not only to capture my opponent's Queen, but also to manage checkmate.

What do you guys think? Lose your Queen and resign? Or not?
I'm just a visitor to this site,but I am a USCF master,2258 rating,life member.My blitz ratings are much higher on various sites.For example,on Instantchess,a blitz site originating from Moscow,Russia.my rating is 2400 and my handle on that site is:USCF Master.I remain low on this site in rating,simply because I do not wish to play many long games...too much going on with OTB tourneys and other better site play like ICC and GameKnot.
Anyway,aside from the introduction and as to losing your queen....
On this site,I PURPOSELY lose my queen many many times!Many of my opponents will attest to that!Do I resign?of course not!Do I lose when i do that?Of course!How many times do I lose(blitz)?Ahhhh...thats the key.....perhaps 1 time out of 30!!!I PROVE to many opponents how WRONG they are when they make "fun" of me,not knowing who they are dealing with and ask me to resign,calling me a dummy ect ect,later,say,15 moves down the line they begin to lose major pieces or are mated or RUN OUT OF TIME and they lose.See?
Many players are programmed into thinking that its simply over when the queen is gone,but the only way that might be true is if that player is a horrendously bad player and they are playing someone of very high rating.Most players on this site are nowhere near 2258 or 2400 blitz rating(like me),so I sac my queen in the opening using "conditions".
What do i mean by "conditions"?Well,I limit my blitz game to usually 3 or 4 minutes.My edge is my strength for one thing and my quick memory of postions and endgame strategy knowledge.Very few opponents of mine on this site actually realize how hard it is to mate a strong opponent in 3 or 4 minutes,let alone do it without their clock running out!Most of my opponents tend to time out even if i'm about to be mated in 2 more moves!How frusturating...for them!See...."strategy"also means smart play,when down a queen.I'm not going to sac my queen on purpose in the opening and give a player a full 10 minutes or longer to analyze deeper into the game...why?thats obvious!But I know my threshold limit is around 3-4 minutes from experience,where i can still play my best being down a queen,without giving an overbearing advantage in too deep an analytical thought advantage to my opponent.if i didn't sac my queen,well i'm a steamroller in 3 or 4 minute games.
As to rated blitz or long games.....thats a totally different story!
I do not sac anything ever.If i'm down a queen,I resign for several reasons.If i'm playing a 2300 player the chances of winning are next to zero,so I do not prolong a "long" game that may still require my opponent to make 25 moves or more,both wasting his time and mine.
If I manage to lose a queen or Bishop in a rated blitz or long game against,say,a 1300 player and my rating is master level,then the probability of that player using a strong program against me is very high,so i will usually resign and not play that player again,except under "unrated" games.
In summary,resigning or not resigning being a queen down is your choice.I like to prove that the way alot of chess players way of 'thinking" is simply incorrect!Its harder to mate a strong opponent in 4 minutes than they realize without their clock running out.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
09 Jun 08

Aha! It's a personal choice, well said.

EH

Moves
11 Jun 08

Originally posted by Vanquish
I'm just a visitor to this site,but I am a USCF master,2258 rating,life member.My blitz ratings are much higher on various sites.For example,on Instantchess,a blitz site originating from Moscow,Russia.my rating is 2400 and my handle on that site is:USCF Master.I remain low on this site in rating,simply because I do not wish to play many long games...too muc ...[text shortened]... ng opponent in 4 minutes than they realize without their clock running out.
THANK YOU!