what is your rating on chess tempo

what is your rating on chess tempo

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
18 Jun 11

mine is 1784 not sure why my rhp rating is so much lower

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by NorrisB
Never heard of it. Is it a long game site like here? Or is you rating there blitz? How long have you played there Vs here?

So you have been here about 5 years and have played a sum total of 63 games.
12 games a year, 1 game a month?

That is one reason you haven't advanced much here, not much practice. Look at the # of games some of the other dudes and dudettes here have played. You are like a Noobie.

t

Moves
18 Jun 11

mine is currently 1850 highest 1857. thats standard not blitz.

t

Moves
18 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Never heard of it. Is it a long game site like here? Or is you rating there blitz? How long have you played there Vs here?

So you have been here about 5 years and have played a sum total of 63 games.
12 games a year, 1 game a month?

That is one reason you haven't advanced much here, not much practice. Look at the # of games some of the other dudes and dudettes here have played. You are like a Noobie.
Its a problem solving site... best around IMHO.

Edit: my user ID there is exegesis.

rc

Moves
18 Jun 11
1 edit

Mine presently is 1670 , my highest is 1767. You RHP rating may be lower because chess consists of other elements than pure tactics and its not always easy to make the transition, indeed, there are times when a positional solution is to be preferred over a purely tactical one and while not wanting to get into another futile debate of strategy v tactics, its clear that in master games, tactics flow from a strategically won position. I have played through rather diligently, with board and pieces more than 100 Fischers games, the tactics that arose were very very simple, astonishingly simple in contrast to some of the monsters on chesstempo.

1.Nf3

The Hague

Moves
18 Jun 11
1 edit

Excellent site, well recommended - I'm 1990 now, which is pretty accurate I suppose, but since it's only tactics it's hard to compare with CC-ratings such as RHP's.

Edit: robbie beat me both in time and clarity.

rc

Moves
18 Jun 11

Originally posted by davaniel
Excellent site, well recommended - I'm 1990 now, which is pretty accurate I suppose, but since it's only tactics it's hard to compare with CC-ratings such as RHP's.

Edit: robbie beat me both in time and clarity.
Lol, that'll be a first, i haven't beat anything in ages😵

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
18 Jun 11

why shouldn't it be much lower?

MR

Moves
18 Jun 11
1 edit

Blitz or Standard? (If Standard, how much time do you take, on average?)

And how much time do you typically invest per move on RHP?

Edit - In addition to the positional aspect that Robbie mentioned, I think the time used could be a factor. The discrepancy could be explained if you take less time per move than your average RHP opponent.

MR

Moves
19 Jun 11

Mad Rook <--- USCF standard approx 1200-1300, RHP about 1680, Chess Tempo blitz about 1400, Chess Tempo standard about 1600.

M

Moves
19 Jun 11
1 edit

Tactics will only get you so far, and while good tactical awareness will enable you to pounce on opposition loose play much more quickly, beyond a certain point other things like opening knowledge, strategic sense and endgame play become critical to advance further.

E

Moves
19 Jun 11

ChessTempo Standard-> 1525-1580, usually closer to 1550.

I've only been doing ChessTempo everyday for the past few weeks.

t

Moves
19 Jun 11
1 edit

Just solved my first 2100+ problem

white to move

edit: my total solving time is about 40 hours.

Moves
20 Jun 11

Frankly, I don't see why your rating at chesstempo should be similar to the rhp rating or vice versa.

1. Solving puzzles is a different game than chess, although it has more or less the same rules. On chesstempo you play against puzzles in which you know something interesting can be achieved in a forced way. In most real middlegames, you will probably only encounter positions with 'almost forced' advantages.

2. Ratings only have a relative meaning. It has a meaning within the pool of opponents in which the rating was established, but not outside of that.

Anyway, my rating at chesstempo is 1379, while here it is 1392. So they can be similar.

Have a nice day!

M

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by tvochess
Frankly, I don't see why your rating at chesstempo should be similar to the rhp rating or vice versa.

1. Solving puzzles is a different game than chess, although it has more or less the same rules. On chesstempo you play against puzzles in which you know something interesting can be achieved in a forced way. In most real middlegames, you will probably on ...[text shortened]... ing at chesstempo is 1379, while here it is 1392. So they can be similar.

Have a nice day!
A vast majority of chess puzzles have tactical solutions.

Maybe here NorrisB needs to work on its positional play.