Unsportsmanlike behavior

Unsportsmanlike behavior

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Oct 08

I have never known a player forfit a game for making 'too many' draw offers - it is just one of those urban myths they tell you at chess school to help you play more sportingly.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
19 Oct 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
I have never known a player forfit a game for making 'too many' draw offers - it is just one of those urban myths they tell you at chess school to help you play more sportingly.
Actually repeating draw offers sometimes happens in pupils OTB tournaments. Actually last time when I`ve met such behavior in OTB game (a long time ago) my opponent had about 10-12 years (probably it`s your level) and after warning or arbiter he stopped. So main reason of lack of forfeits is that people (if they are not absolutely retarded) usually changes their behavior after first warning.

J

benching

Moves
19 Oct 08

Tyrannosauruschex, you should not conduct yourself like a savage, especially since you accused non-native English speakers of being prone to being cheats.

s

Moves
19 Oct 08

It is not an urban myth. Making a draw offer after every move is intentionally disturbing your opponent. The 'victim' can make a complaint to an arbiter and if you then continue, you are most certainly going to be forfeited.

In this case you should be happy if your childish behaviour doesn't result in a 3(c).

b

Moves
19 Oct 08

yeah i knw some ppl put 1day m 0 timebank n ask for fast games n when we couldnt play fast enough they just send us dirty msgs without waiting to claim the win..what the hell i can take my time n play right?? they cant force us to play..one such player i met today kept bad mouthin me for a while n when i acted cool he just got mad n went to the extent of ignoring me he hee.. (queenknightrook)

i think we should do somethin to prevent these kind of things happening..rules r rules right?

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Oct 08

As I said before, you have no right to judge me for offering two draws - this topic has been made to look as though I am doing it on every single move of the game - it is quite often that people miss the first draw offer and he made no effort to declare otherwise.
This would have not even come to anybodies attention, had it not been for Korch taking it upon himself to try and turn people against me. If anyone should be disciplined for a 3(c) it should be him, for making a topic deliberately focussed on harassing me and drawing my attention away from my own games.

s

Moves
19 Oct 08
1 edit

FIDE rules 12.6
It is forbidden to distract or annoy the opponent in any manner whatsoever. This includes unreasonable claims or unreasonable offers of a draw.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Oct 08
1 edit

I doubt any fide arbiter in the would would consider TWO draw offers to be unreasonable.

For your ease of mind, here is the position Game 5436030 with no draws being offered.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
19 Oct 08
1 edit

If the draw offer was only made twice and not again, I think this thread is an enormous overreaction. Even if he offered the draw 50 times, who cares if someone goes around RHP offering draws to people every move? It's not like this is OTB where the offer could disrupt your concentration or focus. It's a silly game on a silly website. It reflects just as poorly on you when you start crying in the forums about something as stupid as a repeated draw offer. Grow up Korch. This is the internet, not the real world. I can attest that in the two games I've played against T-Chex, they were both interesting, fighting games with lively and friendly chat.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
19 Oct 08
2 edits

I doubt any fide arbiter in the would would consider TWO draw offers to be unreasonable.

For your ease of mind, here is the position Game 5436030 with no draws being offered.
You did offer 3-4 times (you lie about number) and stopped to do it only after this thread was started.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Oct 08
1 edit

You dont seem too sure how many times it was either. I offered when you were allowing several exchanges, which is usually a certain sign of an opponents wish to draw a position and definately did not offer 3-4 draws.

It is only because you are so used to getting your own way that you have resorted to throwing the toys out of the pram and crying, in the hope of getting some sympathy to solve a problem you yourself have initiated.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
19 Oct 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
If the draw offer was only made twice and not again, I think this thread is an enormous overreaction. Even if he offered the draw 50 times, who cares if someone goes around RHP offering draws to people every move? It's not like this is OTB where the offer could disrupt your concentration or focus. It's a silly game on a silly website. It reflects just as po ...[text shortened]... yed against T-Chex, they were both interesting, fighting games with lively and friendly chat.
As you can see from these thread I`m not only one who thinks such behavior unacceptable. And it`s T-Chex who needs to grow up with his childish behavior. Your defending of him only witnesses about lack of your objectivity (not first and probably not last time).

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
19 Oct 08

You dont seem too sure how many times it was either. I offered when you were allowing several exchanges, which is usually a certain sign of an opponents wish to draw a position and definately did not offer 3-4 draws.
It definitely was more than 2 times - after 2nd time I left you in-game message with informing you that its unsportsmanlike behavior. You did continue to offer draws after that.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 Oct 08

You cannot send messages while you have blocked me - it may have appeared for you, but not for me.

s

Moves
19 Oct 08

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
If the draw offer was only made twice and not again, I think this thread is an enormous overreaction. Even if he offered the draw 50 times, who cares if someone goes around RHP offering draws to people every move? It's not like this is OTB where the offer could disrupt your concentration or focus. It's a silly game on a silly website. It reflects just as po ...[text shortened]... yed against T-Chex, they were both interesting, fighting games with lively and friendly chat.
Maybe you need to read the whole thread; Tchex already stated on the first page that he was doing so deliberately because Korch was ignoring him. It is he who needs to grow up.