Tuition anyone?

Tuition anyone?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lm

Moves
21 Oct 11

This sounds great! Hope i can join 🙂

D

Moves
21 Oct 11

I too would welcome and appreciate some advice from stronger players. Please sign me up! 🙂

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Well, i can see there is a lot of take up here, but i'd like to add myself to the list never the less. Would really like a little help to break the glass ceiling that i appear to have around 1900. I do a lot of tactics work at the moment and feel i could probably make a 2000 grade if i really put my time into it (that is my current goal) but some advice on how to advance and maintain that sort of grade would be most appreciated! 🙂

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
21 Oct 11

Best wishes to all.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

I have setup a clan for those who aren't studying with Carpiste. I pm'd C suggesting he do the same so we can have matches and then review the resulting games.

Those who want to join must be willing to commit to a plan of improvement. If you slack off, I boot you. That simple.

I'll be putting together some materials etc. in the meantime the clan is "150". I will post the rest in the clan forum.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by nimzo5
I have setup a clan for those who aren't studying with Carpiste. I pm'd C suggesting he do the same so we can have matches and then review the resulting games.

Those who want to join must be willing to commit to a plan of improvement. If you slack off, I boot you. That simple.

I'll be putting together some materials etc. in the meantime the clan is "150". I will post the rest in the clan forum.
i would love to join but feel that i may be to hyper modern for you guys hung up on classical chess.

e4

Moves
21 Oct 11

I want lessons from Barry Hercules. 🙂

Game 1751999

Sorry about that Carp, I expected that post ages ago usually the guys on here are
sharp to spot such things. (the game was PM'd to me, I did not dig it out.)

Good Luck.

GP.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i would love to join but feel that i may be to hyper modern for you guys hung up on classical chess.
Ha! Endgames for you then.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Ha! Endgames for you then.
whats this? punishment exercises and i haven't even joined yet. Next ill be doing
press-ups and four circuits of the soccer field!

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
whats this? punishment exercises and i haven't even joined yet. Next ill be doing
press-ups and four circuits of the soccer field!
let's go Robbie! drop and give me 20.

now join already. geez.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

let's go Robbie! drop and give me 20.

now join already. geez.
crazy instructors!

t

Moves
21 Oct 11

Can it be a club instead? I'm already in carp's camp.

m

In attack

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
Can it be a club instead? I'm already in carp's camp.
I'm confused, Carp has made a club? I've joined Nimzo's clan, what's the difference between a clan and a club?

t

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by morgski
I'm confused, Carp has made a club? I've joined Nimzo's clan, what's the difference between a clan and a club?
No, he doesn't have a club as far as I know but I am one of the ones to be tutored by him and as I am not a sub I can't join a clan only a club.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Oct 11

I made a clan so we can challenge Carp's group instead all being inside one club.

I have two so far, need two more so I can start up the forums.