Tuition anyone?

Tuition anyone?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
19 Oct 11

Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask is that you are serious about wanting to get better (you intend to stay on the site for at least 6 months), and have the ability to listen to my help, and the determination to get better. And of course, if you find my advice not very useful we can stop at any time. Hope this doesnt sound arrogant in any way, I just want to help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by carpiste
I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask is that you are serious about wanting to get better (you intend to stay on the site for at least 6 months), and have the ability to listen to my help, and the determination to get better. And of course, if you find my advice not ver ...[text shortened]... nt to help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
Can you please help me to get rid of 8ft of water in my, as of today, abandoned house? 🙁

-m.

t

Moves
19 Oct 11

Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask ...[text shortened]... o help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
Sign me up!!!

Moves
19 Oct 11

Help is always welcome!

But how does it come that you're losing interest? This game has so much to offer for players of all levels.

V

Moves
19 Oct 11

Hi all, I have been on this great site for many years and I think my highest rating was 2275 (currently 2203). It is now becoming a drag on my time, and I have been losing interest for a while, thus running my games down to zero. I get great pleasure from helping people to improve and am looking for a handful of players who are looking to improve. All I ask ...[text shortened]... o help a few people... first come first served, so please dont be offended if I cant fit you in.
I'm keen on this, but how do you plan to teach us?

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
19 Oct 11

I'd be interested please.

m

In attack

Moves
19 Oct 11
1 edit

I'm keen so yes please if I make the cut...

... but considering that my current opponents are also keen, the status quo may remain, but at just a slightly higher standard 😉

m

In attack

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Can you please help me to get rid of 8ft of water in my, as of today, abandoned house? 🙁

-m.
Are you getting shafted by the floods in and around Bangkok Mike?

c

Moves
19 Oct 11

I enjoyed getting back to chess after a 30 year break, but after 5 years I am finding that finding all the best moves is becoming a bit of a chore rather than fun. Not sure I can explain it, but I know I would prefer to help some others and onlyu play a handful of games. I guess moving each day has become a routine rather than a pleasure.

Moves
19 Oct 11

I feel the same in endgames. Often when I have better material, but not really significantly (e.g. just 1 or 2 pawns), I'm too afraid to make stupid mistakes and lose the game after all. This takes the fun out of the game.

Similar with openings, because I know that there is theory that says some moves are better than others. Luckily, at my rating the middle game starts very soon.

u
semper fi

Moves
20 Oct 11

I would be open to any advice you have to offer (chess related that is).

Moves
20 Oct 11

sign me up!

When I first joined this site a nice chap from California mentored me over a few games and his advice was invaluable....have been feeling I've stagnated recently and starting to lose interest, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
21 Oct 11

Carpiste, what would you say to dividing the lot and forming two separate teams? I will coach one you coach the other and they can play against each other and then trade analysis post mortem?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by nimzo5
Carpiste, what would you say to dividing the lot and forming two separate teams? I will coach one you coach the other and they can play against each other and then trade analysis post mortem?
sounds interesting 🙂

rb

Behind the computer.

Moves
21 Oct 11

This definitely sounds interesting. If possible, I would love to join.