Trying to play like Petrosian and failing

Trying to play like Petrosian and failing

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jul 12

Originally posted by hamworld
I think this thread got a little hijacked.
Maybe you should post a thread about the playing style of RJHinds and they'll discuss whether or not Petrosian was a cheater?

Moves
25 Jul 12

PS: Don't worry about it. RJ was trying to get attention in most of the current active threads. It's just bad luck that the bomb fell in this one.

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I do seem to remember you actually putting up the statistics in this thread, but I try not to go too far back in this babble.
Yes, mate, and that was on page eight, as a direct response against the re-emergence of the accusations.

Say what you will about Hindsey (and I, being a Christian as well, could say a lot more damning things about him than you could possibly dream of ), but he did not start the rot this time. You lot did. Get over it already and by Saint Tigran, play fecking chess instead of egos.

Richard

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by hamworld
I think this thread got a little hijacked.
I am not the kind of person that sits back and let false accusations against my character just slide by without some kind of defense.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tvochess
PS: Don't worry about it. RJ was trying to get attention in most of the current active threads. It's just bad luck that the bomb fell in this one.
I was not trying to get attention. I was just trying to contribute to the conversation and get to know you people.

p

Moves
26 Jul 12

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Yes, mate, and that was on page eight, as a direct response against the re-emergence of the accusations.

Say what you will about Hindsey (and I, being a Christian as well, could say a lot more damning things about him than you could possibly dream of ), but he did not start the rot this time. You lot did. Get over it already and by Saint Tigran, play fecking chess instead of egos.

Richard
I have held back a lot too. There are pages and pages that I typed and never posted. I did not make a single accusation in this thread either. I offered a way for him to see what others think, since some of his posts end with believe what you want. I only asked him to tone down the preaching. I also had some choice words for your remark about egos too, but I have held those back as well.

As for Petrosian, one of the games that I always remembered the most was the opposite side castling game with Spassky. The way he completely shut Spassky down on the queenside really awed me the first time I played through it (18. ...a6 and 22. ...b5). It's a brilliant game, especially enjoyable with Petrosian's (light, if I remember correctly) notes. One for instance, was after Spassky played the Torre Attack (which Petrosian himself played frequently). I think the quote was "Spassky has invited to me to play in the yard of the house in which I grew up."!!! That quote stuck me with after all these years.

Here is the game:

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 12

Richard
If you know more damning things than this about me, I hope you keep it to yourself.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Jul 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you know more damning things than this about me, I hope you keep it to yourself.
I won't say a thing about your buying buttless chaps online then. 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jul 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I won't say a thing about your buying buttless chaps online then. 😉
That's mighty nice of you.

Moves
28 Jul 12

I will unless you start preaching fundamentalism again.

Richard

Moves
28 Jul 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
As for Petrosian, one of the games that I always remembered the most was the opposite side castling game with Spassky. The way he completely shut Spassky down on the queenside really awed me the first time I played through it (18. ...a6 and 22. ...b5). It's a brilliant game, especially enjoyable with Petrosian's (light, if I remember correctly) notes.
That is indeed a great game. It's the kind of chess I will never learn to play - I just don't have the patience to build up a counter-attack like that. The one kind of game I hate playing against most is a hedgehog. Of course Petrosian would be right at home crushing the life out of it, but I can never find a way to do so, and I start making mistakes far too early.

Richard

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jul 12

I will unless you start preaching fundamentalism again.

Richard
When you refer to fundamentalism, is that code for the true Christian beliefs that I teach?

Moves
30 Jul 12

When you refer to fundamentalism, is that code for the true Christian beliefs that I teach?
Ok, this time you started it.

You have never preached anything Christian.

You're a heathen, a servant of the Great Liar.

You're an anti-Christian, and you know it.

Richard

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Aug 12

Ok, this time you started it.

You have never preached anything Christian.

You're a heathen, a servant of the Great Liar.

You're an anti-Christian, and you know it.

Richard
I believe we should transfer this debate to the spirituality forum if you wish to continue.

e4

Moves
01 Aug 12

"I believe we should transfer this debate to the spirituality forum "

Yes....Yes....Yes....

(SB I'm surprised at you. The best way to deal with this Holy Troll is to just ignore him.)