Traxler blows

Traxler blows

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NL

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Winning with the Schliemann by Tseitlin? That book, indeed, sucks.
That's it! 🙂

c

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
if it makes any difference fritz gives equality after either castle and just continues with development... regardless of what you say.. fritz is stronger than both of us and when your opinion differs from fritz the odds are much higher than you are wrong and not the engine.. ESPECIALLY in a tactical line.

In my own opinion.. how can you say white is 'clea ...[text shortened]... near equal, king safety is close, and material is equal?

Where is white 'clearly better'?
I think Northern Lad is superior to Fritz when analyzing positions. I'm also sure that Lad has beat Fritz on here plenty of times...

NL

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I think Northern Lad is superior to Fritz when analyzing positions. I'm also sure that Lad has beat Fritz on here plenty of times...
I certainly wouldn't claim that in tactical positions, but I think my chess understanding may be better. (Though I suppose engines don't really have any understanding!)

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

I'd probably call the latvian drawing with perfect play but it certainly isn't 'good' for black.. in my humble opinion anyways 😉.
isn't black supposed to seek a draw?

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
isn't black supposed to seek a draw?
my last quote was a unneccesarily fancy way to say that the Latvian isn't sound but isn't losing 🙂.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

my last quote was a unneccesarily fancy way to say that the Latvian isn't sound but isn't losing 🙂.
not losing for black = sound

t

Moves
15 Dec 07

not losing for black = sound
Hey...my ban wasn't supposed to end until the 17th but I think that ih8 means that it is more difficult for black to draw if white knows what he is doing.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
Hey...my ban wasn't supposed to end until the 17th but I think that ih8 means that it is more difficult for black to draw if white knows what he is doing.
who cares?
the point is this:
black CAN draw, making it sound
it is sharper than several main lines, meaning that black can be presented with tactical shots if white isn't careful.
if white is careful, then black still has a safe draw with perfect play.
thus, the Latvian gambit can be a great opening in your reperitoire if you know what your doing.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
crap, I was enjoying your absence too
what you get banned for?
P.M. me if you need to.

t

Moves
15 Dec 07

who cares?
the point is this:
black CAN draw, making it sound
it is sharper than several main lines, meaning that black can be presented with tactical shots if white isn't careful.
if white is careful, then black still has a safe draw with perfect play.
thus, the Latvian gambit can be a great opening in your reperitoire if you know what your doing.
I know that I was just interpreting what ih8 was saying sheesh!

c

Moves
15 Dec 07

Only Masters and wussies play for a draw as black.

Ya got it?

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Ya got it?
white starts with advantage.
whatever strength you are, you aim for draw as black, then, once equality is achieved, you can try to further your advantage.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Ya got it?
gee, are you suggesting that we should not follow the masters' example?

c

Moves
15 Dec 07

gee, are you suggesting that we should not follow the masters' example?
Are you telling me that you play like a master?

I play for a win no matter what. If you play for a draw then you're simply playing wrong.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

Are you telling me that you play like a master?

I play for a win no matter what. If you play for a draw then you're simply playing wrong.
again, stupid people taking away from the good people contributing to forum.
I said you want to play for a draw in the opening. then, after equality, play for win.
dummass