Total recs

Total recs

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
07 Jan 06

What is this "Total recs" thing next to people's names on this forum? Total records of what?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by exigentsky
What is this "Total recs" thing next to people's names on this forum? Total records of what?
If a subscriber likes your post they can 'recommend' it. Each rec goes onto your 'Total Recs' count.

It becomes a popularity contest for some though.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
07 Jan 06

Originally posted by rhb
If a subscriber likes your post they can 'recommend' it. Each rec goes onto your 'Total Recs' count.

how do you search your post that was rec'ed?

e

Moves
07 Jan 06

Oh lol, I thought "recs" meant "records". OK! I understand now.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
07 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Grandmouster
how do you search your post that was rec'ed?
you can't directly, you can browse your posts via your profile page, and see which were rec'd in there.

Anymore rec related questions should be posted to the 'help' forum methinks.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
08 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb

Of course the ones who think of it as a contest and come up with "clever" schemes to increase their recs tend to be the ones who piss off everyone else and still don't manage to get as many recs as those who don't give a crap.

To exigentsky: Be smart and just ignore that count, people will like you more, and might even respect you eventually. No one respects rec-whores.

e

Moves
08 Jan 06

Don't worry, I don't like to kiss @ss. If I make a good post and others like it, fine. If not, I won't go out of my way to please someone so I can get recs.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
08 Jan 06

REC ME IF YOU LIKE BEER

DS

Moves
08 Jan 06
1 edit

Easy way to get recs is to go in the spirituality forum and post;

"Praise be the Lord".
or
"All religions suck".

Another strategy is to post something defamatary in the General forum, preferably against someone like bowmann; the reason why is not clear but could be because he points out dunderheads spelling and grammar mistakes. A trait that many of the same dunderheads try to imitate.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

"Praise be the Lord".
or
"All religions suck".

Another strategy is to post something defamatary in the General forum, preferably against someone like bowmann; the reason why is not clear but could be because he points out dunderheads spelling and grammar mistakes. A trait that many of the same dunderheads try to imitate.
That should be, "...he points out dunderheads' spelling and grammar mistakes." And you're welcome. 😀

s

Moves
08 Jan 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

"Praise be the Lord".
or
"All religions suck".

Yes, that is annoying. You write a perfectly reasonable essay-like post on a given subject, and people won't even take the time to read it. Then you write something completely meaningless. A short-liner with no meaning what so ever. And you get your recs. What's the point?

I say, remove the recs system, 'cause in no way will the number of recs indicate anything about you or your ability to articulate your thoughts.

DS

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by Natural Science
That should be, "...he points out dunderheads' spelling and grammar mistakes." And you're welcome. 😀
Cor blimey, plonker. Oh god you've got me at it now. 😉