Took A Skull

Took A Skull

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
26 Mar 10
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Ha ha 🙂
I respect the game and the players and show good sportsmanship. ==> Where's the respect?

I haven't come across any such player yet...

And who says Chess is not entertaining? Game is only one part of it. Players make it even more enjoyable 😵

STS

Moves
28 Mar 10
4 edits

Ohhh dooo000OOODZ in 60 minutes I have a skull due against a 1700+ opponent that will put me over 1700 an then I will be a good player an stuff join me in teh countdown and keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't pop up.

Edit: 40 minutes now

30 minutes and he's still not on the site

20 minutes.......the suspense is killing me........the only thing spoiling this is I probably have a won game anyway, it would be so much more satisfying if I was losing.

10 minutes......

STS

Moves
28 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Ohhh dooo000OOODZ in 60 minutes I have a skull due against a 1700+ opponent that will put me over 1700 an then I will be a good player an stuff join me in teh countdown and keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't pop up.

Edit: 40 minutes now

30 minutes and he's still not on the site

20 minutes.......the suspense is killing me........the onl ...[text shortened]... ve a won game anyway, it would be so much more satisfying if I was losing.

10 minutes......
5 minutes .......almost there........

GOT IT

Moves
28 Mar 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I like User 368522 profile. He is all chess'd out.

And one User 256028 skulls was taken by me. 😏
User 368522 ??? Wasn't this the guy who want to prove he could play 2000 games without a timeout? Did it work or not? From those results it looks like it didn't. I was going to buy him a cup of coffee. (I really figured his wife would shoot him first.) Still it will take more than his paltry 107 more losses to catch up with the king User 337724

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
28 Mar 10

It worked pretty well, he got down to about 1200 games from 2000, but then something happened with his ISP and he couldn't go online for weeks.

STS

Moves
28 Mar 10
1 edit

I am about to beat an 1800+ player.....fairly, not by timing him out.....and soar into the 1700's, like lightening over a foamy sea. Then I think I'll quit the site, just sit back and let my legend grow.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Mar 10

I am about to beat an 1800+ player.....fairly, not by timing him out.....and soar into the 1700's, like lightening over a foamy sea. Then I think I'll quit the site, just sit back and let my legend grow.
You are my idol...like the Grim Reaper of PTIG.

STS

Moves
28 Mar 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You are my idol...like the Grim Reaper of PTIG.
Yeah I'm now at 1722, the pressure is on to live up to that and keep my moves at the level expected of an artist.

It's a burden being rated so high.

rc

Moves
28 Mar 10

Yeah I'm now at 1722, the pressure is on to live up to that and keep my moves at the level expected of an artist.

It's a burden being rated so high.
Lol, i predict like Icarus, the sensation of being so high shall overwhelm you and you shall become intoxicated by the sheer artistry and come crashing to the ground!

STS

Moves
28 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, i predict like Icarus, the sensation of being so high shall overwhelm you and you shall become intoxicated by the sheer artistry and come crashing to the ground!
Yeah I broke 1700 once before and a month later I was in the 1300's, I actually felt relieved and had more fun then.

S

Moves
29 Mar 10
1 edit

25% wins by timeout? 35% wins by timeout? Bah!

User 478237 challenged me randomly a while ago. I accepted and sent a friendly hello message (no response, which i thought to be a bit rude). A few days and several moves later i noticed the 1 & 0 timeout setting and shuddered to think how close i might have come to being timed out without realising. He eventually resigned when i was one move away from checkmate (which i also took to be rude). He immediately challenged again with another 1 & 0 game, adding a very presumptious "thx for the rematch" as the opening comment (the first bit of dialogue i'd recieved, even after my friendly "hello" a week or so earlier, which i took as the final straw..)

I cancelled the game and let him know my displeasure, and wow, the tirade of abuse that followed!

Anywho, the point of the story: Wins by timeout 82. 58.99% The king of timeout fishermen if ever i saw one.

F

Moves
29 Mar 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Sever
User 478237 challenged me randomly a while ago. I accepted and sent a friendly hello message (no response, which i thought to be a bit rude). A few days and several moves later i noticed the 1 & 0 timeout setting and shuddered to think how close i might have come to being timed out without realising. He eventually resigned when i was one move away from chec led the game and let him know my displeasure, and wow, the tirade of abuse that followed!
I never accept a challenge without closely inspect the terms of the challenge, his some of his earlier games, and his profile.
If the graph shows a roller-coaster shape, then I always politely decline the offer.

STS

Moves
29 Mar 10

Originally posted by Sever
25% wins by timeout? 35% wins by timeout? Bah!

User 478237

I cancelled the game and let him know my displeasure, and wow, the tirade of abuse that followed!

Anywho, the point of the story: Wins by timeout 82. 58.99% The king of timeout fishermen if ever i saw one.
59% wins by timeout and still a 1200 rating surely that's a record for extreme suck

e4

Moves
29 Mar 10
2 edits

I see that the lad User 478237 who is King of the Vultures has had
to date just one post and that was to complain bitterly when time outs were suspended.

He appears in Thread 122631.

He must have had a whole lot of Skulls slipping through his itchy fingers.

STS

Moves
29 Mar 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I see that the lad User 478237 who is King of the Vultures has had
to date just one post and that was to complain bitterly when time outs were suspended.

He appears in Thread 122631.

He must have had a whole lot of Skulls slipping through his itchy fingers.
LOLOL that is funny