The “From Gambit” Challenge.

The “From Gambit” Challenge.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20 May 05

If you still need another game, I'd like to try playing the from against you, although I havent played it in a while.

Moves
21 May 05

Game 1087620

Svin1's study of A.I. didn't help him save the losing line which is the "From Gambit".

Another game where black goes down a piece and loses the battle for the middle. To his credit Svin1 gave it a good fight, but he couldn't get over that piece disadvantage.

I'm up 5-4 with two more tough games left to go...

--tmetzler

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by welsharnie
If you still need another game, I'd like to try playing the from against you, although I havent played it in a while.
I would, but you are at your limit and I have plenty of games...maybe another time.

w

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by tmetzler
I would, but you are at your limit and I have plenty of games...maybe another time.
I'll give you a shout if i finish a game soon

Moves
02 Aug 05

Well the score is back to even (5-5).

Game 1085672

This was quite a fun game. It quickly became a 2N vs 2B game.
Dyl went the route of "developing" instead of the quick attack (4...g5).

Any comments are welcome, as I don't have time to fully go over this game right now.

Only 1 game left in the challenge, and it sure seems like I'll be finishing down 5-6.

--tmetzler

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Aug 05

Well the score is back to even (5-5).

Game 1085672

This was quite a fun game. It quickly became a 2N vs 2B game.
Dyl went the route of "developing" instead of the quick attack (4...g5).

Any comments are welcome, as I don't have time to fully go over this game right now.

Only 1 game left in the challenge, and it sure seems like I'll be finishing down 5-6.

--tmetzler

Moves
14 Sep 05

The From Gambit Challenge still sits at 5-5.

I've been staring at the skull in the final game for the past few weeks. Since I have no plans to timeout ohfreak; I'm going to call it finished and a "success". Thanks to all my opponents. I received some spankings for sure.

The final in progress game.
Game 1085974

I have contacted Russ about sponsoring a "From Gambit" thematic tourament. I'm sure that some of you out there will be interested so stay tuned here for more information.

Thanks again,

--tmetzler

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
14 Sep 05

The From Gambit Challenge still sits at 5-5.

I've been staring at the skull in the final game for the past few weeks. Since I have no plans to timeout ohfreak; I'm going to call it finished and a "success". Thanks to all my opponents. I received some spankings for sure.

The final in progress game.
Game 1085974
[fen]2k5/1pp5/p7/5R1p/6p1/ ...[text shortened]... there will be interested so stay tuned here for more information.

Thanks again,

--tmetzler
mmmm...i've been waiting for one of those!

Moves
16 Sep 05

It will soon be official.

I am sponsoring a "From's Gambit Accepted" tournament.
I chose the "Accepted" line because I'm sponsoring it and I didn't want a bunch of games turning into the King's Gambit.

Winner Prize: Choice of 1 white or grey red hot pawn tshirt from here:
http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001

I'll put up a new post once its created. Should be a wild one...

--tmetzler

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
18 Sep 05

It will soon be official.

I am sponsoring a "From's Gambit Accepted" tournament.
I chose the "Accepted" line because I'm sponsoring it and I didn't want a bunch of games turning into the King's Gambit.

[fen]rnbqkbnr/pppp1ppp/8/4P3/8/8/PPPPP1PP/RNBQKBNR b KQkq - 0 2[/fen]

Winner Prize: Choice of 1 white or grey red hot pawn tshirt from here ...[text shortened]... .com/rhp001

I'll put up a new post once its created. Should be a wild one...

--tmetzler
so where is this tourney then?

Moves
20 Sep 05
2 edits

The From Gambit Accepted Tournament is now officially open...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/enter.php?tid=793

--tmetzler

S

Internet

Moves
20 Sep 05

I sooooooo want to join, but I'd be slaughtered by the 1/14 time control🙁 Looking forward to follow the games though.