The are you good at chess question.

The are you good at chess question.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
21 Jan 12

Originally posted by Trev33
What would you reply with?

I don't like saying no and then easily beating my opponent but if i say yes i know while i might seem good to some others i know myself how bad i really am so can't justify a yes answer to myself.

OK? I guess that works.
My reply - I say, because this now you're asking us i award you no i award you yes laugh and hope it wasnt a question we should have said what they just said on the news, I didn't speak Spanish I have no idea why! say because this is true

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
As you know well Ron, i'm halfway through a 20 game engine analysis of your games. I'll be letting the forum know when it's done (should be Monday) and anyone who wants to see the results can, by PM.
Send them my way, will be interesting to compare with the batch I sent you.

Those were about 5% or so better than Bobby Fischer's from cc games in the 70's.

c

Toronto

Moves
21 Jan 12

During elementary and highschool no one asked me this question but in my mind I felt I was a really great player. I was ignorant to the fact that I was actually playing sub-1100 level chess (in fact, I had no idea such a rating system existed at the time, such was the extent of my ignorance).

It's something called Illusory Superiority:

"Illusory superiority is a cognitive bias that causes people to overestimate their positive qualities and abilities and to underestimate their negative qualities, relative to others. This is evident in a variety of areas including intelligence, performance on tasks or tests, and the possession of desirable characteristics or personality traits" - wikipedia

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Jan 12
1 edit

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
22 Jan 12

Thing is, chess isn't in the public eye like say golf or football. If you play golf they know you're no Tiger Woods. If you play football they know you're no Beckham. But if you play chess, they're gonna think you're Kasparov. Speaking for myself, its very easy not to correct them.

I enter the odd chess tourn, which raises eyebrows among my work mates. I often fail to mention that there are five sections, and I'm in the second lowest one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It will prove whether your a liar and a cheat Ron. 🙂
And from you who claim to be an atheist and can not prove God does not
exist. What a hypocrite! 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jan 12

Originally posted by hedonist
Thing is, chess isn't in the public eye like say golf or football. If you play golf they know you're no Tiger Woods. If you play football they know you're no Beckham. But if you play chess, they're gonna think you're Kasparov. Speaking for myself, its very easy not to correct them.

I enter the odd chess tourn, which raises eyebrows among my work mates. I often fail to mention that there are five sections, and I'm in the second lowest one.
That was me when I came back from the World Open Chess Tournament
with prize money from finishing in a three-way tie for first. Of course,
like you, I did not play against the grandmasters. Everyone here thought
I must be another Bobby Fischer. Ha Ha. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
And from you who claim to be an atheist and can not prove God does not
exist. What a hypocrite! 😏
🙄

rc

Moves
22 Jan 12

That was me when I came back from the World Open Chess Tournament
with prize money from finishing in a three-way tie for first. Of course,
like you, I did not play against the grandmasters. Everyone here thought
I must be another Bobby Fischer. Ha Ha. 😏
Everyone here thought I must be another Bobby Fischer???

Nah RJH, you got it mixed up with Booby Fischer.

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
22 Jan 12
2 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jan 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I have never even played against you.

Moves
22 Jan 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I knew it, you're my ex!!
Are you: Tessa, Janine, Karen, Nicolette, Joke, Annette, Annette 2, Collinda or Corien?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kegge
Are you: Tessa, Janine, Karen, Nicolette, Joke, Annette, Annette 2, Collinda or Corien?
Nope, I'm just me my friend.

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Nope, I'm just me my friend.
Good! That I can handle ...

t

Moves
23 Jan 12

I have never even played against you.
This statement just cements your position. You obviously have no clue about chess at all to make this statement.