Studying red's style . . .

Studying red's style . . .

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

Moves
22 Sep 08

If I play as red (and nothing else) repetitively for years; will I gain an advantage over someone who has always aimed for playing as white (and nothing else) and has been preparing the same amount of time as me?

SS

Moves
22 Sep 08

d

Moves
22 Sep 08

Originally posted by nihilismor
If I play as red (and nothing else) repetitively for years; will I gain an advantage over someone who has always aimed for playing as white (and nothing else) and has been preparing the same amount of time as me?
you have completed 137 games here, made over 3000 moves, and you call it red? RED?

c

Toronto

Moves
22 Sep 08

If red=black then...

I don't think there'd be any real advantage. Someone below 1800 rating will be making tactical blunders that nullify whatever color "expertise" they'd built up over the years.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Sep 08

Originally posted by nihilismor
no.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Sep 08

Originally posted by clarencecuasay
If red=black then...

I don't think there'd be any real advantage. Someone below 1800 rating will be making tactical blunders that nullify whatever color "expertise" they'd built up over the years.
In fact there is a thread about colour prefernece started by Gatecrsher a few years back, and most people had a strong preference for white.