Should I have offered a draw?

Should I have offered a draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
30 Aug 06

Was offering a draw the best thing to do here??Am a pawn up
but looked like game was going nowhere.Game 2427245

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
30 Aug 06
1 edit

Your opponent had an outside passer, plus you were only up a pawn looks pretty even to me

Moves
30 Aug 06

Originally posted by jonnifandango
Was offering a draw the best thing to do here??Am a pawn up
but looked like game was going nowhere.Game 2427245
Yeah, you had nothing better than repeating moves, and your opponent would soon be able to claim a draw by repetition.

I noticed you were a rook up earlier, but were unlucky to get your bishop trapped. At least you got a good draw against a higher rated opponent.

dsR

Big D

Moves
30 Aug 06

I disagree with the two previous callers. You're a pawn up, plus you have fewer pawn islands, therefore, you have nothing to lose. I would have played f3, Bf1 and then Ba5, followed by Rb6. Now you're in a position to attack Black's weak pawns along the rank.

d

Moves
30 Aug 06

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
I disagree with the two previous callers. You're a pawn up, plus you have fewer pawn islands, therefore, you have nothing to lose. I would have played f3, Bf1 and then Ba5, followed by Rb6. Now you're in a position to attack Black's weak pawns along the rank.
But it's black's move - ...Rg4.

j

Moves
30 Aug 06

Cheers for the feedback, still reckon I was in a stronger position during the mid game but blew it.

dsR

Big D

Moves
30 Aug 06

Originally posted by dottewell
But it's black's move - ...Rg4.
You're right. Please disregard my previous analysis.