Ruy Lopez Marshall Gambit 2150+

Ruy Lopez Marshall Gambit 2150+

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
29 Nov 12

Is this the highest band yet created on RHP? It has a max entrant cap of 32 players, it wasn't that long ago that we didn't have 32 players over 2150. How times change...

rain

Moves
30 Nov 12

Each year, millions of people (usually children) learn to play chess, adding to the number of chess players in the world. Those kids grow up, continue to play alongside the older crowd, while millions more kids learn the game. The process repeats, until there's a crazy amount of chess players.

So the number of higher-ranked people go up as a result.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
30 Nov 12

Originally posted by vivify
Each year, millions of people (usually children) learn to play chess, adding to the number of chess players in the world. Those kids grow up, continue to play alongside the older crowd, while millions more kids learn the game. The process repeats, until there's a crazy amount of chess players.

So the number of higher-ranked people go up as a result.
I baulk at the power of your Logic Mr.V. I do question how closely Admin pay attention to the statistics for creating banded tournaments though. It's strange to try this sort of band in a thematic tournament though don't you think? Did someone ask for it??

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
30 Nov 12

The odd thing about this specific tourney is that, OTB, the Marshall is still great fun at the amateur/sub-elite level. But at the elite GM level, it's practically analysed out to a draw.

And since these 2150+ RHP players will be assisted by the usual databases (& by whatever additional 'assistance' some choose to use), they will likely plod their way remorselessly to draws. Fun? Not for me

s

Moves
30 Nov 12

i want to be as jaded as atticus is about chess

e4

Moves
30 Nov 12

Replace 'jaded' with 'practical.'

There have been more books and and articles written on the
Marshall Gambit than there have been about Frank Marshall.

The 2150+ guys will be backed up with a ton of theory and if they
are all using the same DB then the real thinking will done around
about move 32.

The fun as Atticus suggests will be in Tournament 15790 where 25
1300-1399 players have already entered.

I wonder if we will see more of:

chessdev - percival86 RHP 2004
ausra - Macroman RHP 2009
Ashish Acharya - Elite CG RHP 2010
blither - Wiabj RHP 2010

Have four all gone this way.