Random Tutoring offered for

Random Tutoring offered for

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS

Under Cover

Moves
19 Nov 06

Originally posted by Black Queen
Besides, this thread isn't supposed to be about you arguing with me.
You've never cracked 1500, and you are arguing with one of the best players on the site (no to mention one of the kindest in his willingness to discuss chess with us mortals). You simply don't have the resume to try to correct Mephisto.

BQ

Moves
19 Nov 06

I am not trying to correct him! There is nothing to correct! I am just saying this is supposed to help people just below my level.

c

Moves
19 Nov 06

Originally posted by Black Queen
I am not trying to correct him! There is nothing to correct! I am just saying this is supposed to help people just below my level.
Help them do what?

SS

Moves
19 Nov 06

c

Moves
19 Nov 06

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Stay below 1400 forever!?

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
19 Nov 06

Achieve mediocrity

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
19 Nov 06
2 edits

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Stay below 1400 forever!?
Stop that. That is my thread! Thread 56033

Do I have to copywrite it?

Besides don't knock Black Queen, he is only trying to help and I am sure 1000-1200 rated players can learn off 1400-1500 players.

c

Moves
19 Nov 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Stop that. That is my thread! Thread 56033

Do I have to copywrite it?

Besides don't knock Black Queen, he is only trying to help and I am sure 1000-1200 rated players can learn off 1400-1500 players.
Eh, yeah that's true.

S

Moves
19 Nov 06

Being a good teacher is more about knowing how to teach, more than knowing ones subject.

and for that reason, I wish black Queen good luck with this -- you will understand however, why I decline the offer.

Y

Moves
20 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
if you learn from mediocrity then you attain a poor foundation and will have to relearn everything correctly...

I think Silman talked about that in the first chapter of Reassess

c

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
if you learn from mediocrity then you attain a poor foundation and will have to relearn everything correctly...

I think Silman talked about that in the first chapter of [b]Reassess
[/b]
I think Silman just wants plenty of people to buy his book and not other peoples.

Y

Moves
20 Nov 06

I think Silman just wants plenty of people to buy his book and not other peoples.
well I'll buy his books anyday, I have 4! Reassess, Amateur's Mind, Complete Book of Chess Strategy (I got this one as a present and the best use I can find for it is as a reference guide between tournament games) and Accelerated Dragons (cowritten by John Donaldson)

c

Moves
20 Nov 06

well I'll buy his books anyday, I have 4! Reassess, Amateur's Mind, Complete Book of Chess Strategy (I got this one as a present and the best use I can find for it is as a reference guide between tournament games) and Accelerated Dragons (cowritten by John Donaldson)
Complete book of chess strategy is great for beginners - 1200. That's when I got it, and I still use it often as an opening reference. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy it over the Winning Chess Series though.

Y

Moves
20 Nov 06

Complete book of chess strategy is great for beginners - 1200. That's when I got it, and I still use it often as an opening reference. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy it over the Winning Chess Series though.
I wouldnt recommend buying it at all. When it's free however...

c

Moves
20 Nov 06
1 edit

I wouldnt recommend buying it at all. When it's free however...
I got it from a gift card, or as a gift...something it's been a while.

The middle and endgame sections are only good for very brief references, and the opening section gives a very brief description of the plans, but can be good to look up an opening's move order.