Q+N+pawns vs Q+R+pawns

Q+N+pawns vs Q+R+pawns

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
27 Oct 07

Which one is better because I heard that the queen and knight work together really well?

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
27 Oct 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
Which one is better because I heard that the queen and knight work together really well?
Your question is far too vague.
As it stands, Q+R+Pawns is the answer, but it answers nothing.

t

Moves
27 Oct 07

Originally posted by English Tal
Your question is far too vague.
As it stands, Q+R+Pawns is the answer, but it answers nothing.
Okay point taken. Do you know of any books that go into detail about the different endings with queens in them?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
27 Oct 07

the queen works well with all pieces. the rook is generally more powerful thank the knight. an exception would be if you had a lot of pawns still on the board where a knight had lots of mobility to penetrat and attack and maybe win other pawns or get fork attacks. there are lots of chess ending books. every one of them will cover endings with the queen.

t

Moves
27 Oct 07

Originally posted by coquette
the queen works well with all pieces. the rook is generally more powerful thank the knight. an exception would be if you had a lot of pawns still on the board where a knight had lots of mobility to penetrat and attack and maybe win other pawns or get fork attacks. there are lots of chess ending books. every one of them will cover endings with the queen.
I know but every book I have with the queen endings in it has errors and says that it will because queen endings haven't been analyzed as much as other endings.

SS

Moves
27 Oct 07