Plesae help my analyze......

Plesae help my analyze......

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
21 May 09
2 edits

The most UGLY win in history!

I was completely outmatched by my opponent the entire time. Please also suggest solid, safe, and easy to learn defenses against the Queen's pawn opening.

U

Moves
21 May 09

FYI, in this game I am black.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
21 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
FYI, in this game I am black.
Lol...YAARRRGGHH!!! What a way to find out I lost! I absolutely did not see that mate in 1 😞. But to say you were outmatched the entire time is overstating things quite a bit. You punished me soundly for not castling earlier after I played 7. f4 instead of 7. Nf3 which would have completed my kingside development. I tried to compensate by tucking my king away in the corner and unleashing my pieces but it was all for naught.

d

Moves
21 May 09

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
21 May 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Take it to the debates forum, spanky.

U

Moves
21 May 09

Originally posted by PBE6
Lol...YAARRRGGHH!!! What a way to find out I lost! I absolutely did not see that mate in 1 😞. But to say you were outmatched the entire time is overstating things quite a bit. You punished me soundly for not castling earlier after I played 7. f4 instead of 7. Nf3 which would have completed my kingside development. I tried to compensate by tucking my king away in the corner and unleashing my pieces but it was all for naught.
lol! That's how you found out? You had me on the ropes. I was totally cramped, I lost all control of the center and there were threats everywhere. I thought I had a strong attack going when I checked you with the Queen, but after you moved - when I thought it through I saw no promising attacks. Your option of Nf3 (attacking my Queen) killed a lot of promising opportunities.

I hate to win the way I did, but I'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss 🙂

Moves
21 May 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Every now and then I come across a post on these forums that makes me think that the person who made the post must be an utter and complete jerk. This is one of those occasions.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
22 May 09
4 edits

I was completely outmatched by my opponent the entire time. Please also suggest solid, safe, and easy to learn defenses against the Queen's pawn opening.

[pgn]
[Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2009.05.14"]
[EndDate "2009.05.21"]
[Round "?"]
[White "PBE6"]
[Black "USArmyParatr 5 Qe7d6 16. Rh1e1 Bc8g4 17. Nc3e4 Qd6b6
18. h3 Qb6xb2 0-1

[/pgn]
Nf6 is flexible, and can lead to QID or KID. I personally prefer 1... e6
with possible French or QID or Nimzo positions coming as all are very
safe, very sound, and have positional possibilities throughout. Both
openings leave nearly every positional black defense as possibility.

-GIN

t

Moves
22 May 09

Originally posted by Nowakowski
Nf6 is flexible, and can lead to QID or KID. I personally prefer 1... e6
with possible French or QID or Nimzo positions coming as all are very
safe, very sound, and have positional possibilities throughout. Both
openings leave nearly every positional black defense as possibility.

-GIN
Don't forget the catalan! And a move that can easily transpose into many openings is probably not ideal for the beginner.

Moves
22 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by PBE6
I have to agree, actually. Black got pretty good play the way he played it. His queen got knocked around a little, but white's king was in the way, too.

In fact, the defense black played (the Czech benoni, more or less), has a reputation for being pretty solid and is pretty simple to learn, IMO. Its also off-beat enough that a lot of players won't know how to play against it.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
23 May 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
Don't forget the catalan! And a move that can easily transpose into many openings is probably not ideal for the beginner.
A beginner should learn theory, he should learn why he moves, instead of
memorizing how. These types of defenses promote broad understanding,
and promote long term growth, and mastery over them gives a good player
a very strong understanding of his games over time.

-GIN

t

Moves
26 May 09

I didn't look at the whole game but I think 3...e5 was a bad choice. You gave him a strong center and allowed him more space on your side of the board. also it weakened your d pawn. I think if 3...e6 would have been played you would've had a better chance of opening up the center. W's move of 7. f4 was a mistake. They didnt even consider the space they left behind or the avenues that they opened up for B's pieces to attack. it was the right idea i think, to attack the weak pawn structure of black but the timing and way he went about it was wrong because it allowed you too much counter play.

E

In Jim's arms

Moves
26 May 09

I was totally cramped, I lost all control of the center and there were threats everywhere.
I see no threats. Usually black is defensive. Don't struggle when you see a force of white pawns are pushing on you.

t

Moves
26 May 09

Originally posted by Nowakowski
A beginner should learn theory, he should learn why he moves, instead of
memorizing how. These types of defenses promote broad understanding,
and promote long term growth, and mastery over them gives a good player
a very strong understanding of his games over time.

-GIN
Yes a player should learn why he moves. I believe I am the one(or one of the people) who told you that. Learning a bunch of theory that you don't really understand is no good. First learn principles and then play the moves you think are best. Your opening will choose you not the other way around.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
26 May 09

[pgn]
[Event "Challenge"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2009.05.14"]
[EndDate "2009.05.21"]
[Round "?"]
[White "PBE6"]
[Black "USArmyParatr ...[text shortened]... 5 Qe7d6 16. Rh1e1 Bc8g4 17. Nc3e4 Qd6b6
18. h3 Qb6xb2 0-1

[/pgn]
White could have tried 17.Be7 instead of Ne4, your mate threat comes to nothing while the knight is still on c3...