Please Help Me Improve.

Please Help Me Improve.

Only Chess

s

ein Schachbrett

Moves
19 Jun 12

One more question for you guys. I play blitz chess on chess.com a lot. One man told me blitz will rot your brain but others say its fine. It's probably different for everyone but just wondering what you think.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by sedilia
One more question for you guys. I play blitz chess on chess.com a lot. One man told me blitz will rot your brain but others say its fine. It's probably different for everyone but just wondering what you think.
I play blitz at chess.com, my brain is indeed rotted, better back off. 🙂

w

Moves
19 Jun 12

Blitz chess doesn't give you a deep understanding of chess, however it helps to play under time pressure.

I don't play enough blitz, so every time I get into time pressure in an OTB game, I panic and I can't see anything.

W

Moves
20 Jun 12

Did he really say that?That's funny!

99% of GM's play blitz.And they play it well.
They all have rotten brains then?

I actually think 100% of GM's play blitz but I'll assume there are a few who prove the rule.
so 99%.

p

Moves
20 Jun 12

I'm not sure about the brain rot. Just be sure that you don't play the Frankenstein-Dracula variation during a full moon. The transformation into the Wolfman will eat up all your time.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I'm not sure about the brain rot. Just be sure that you don't play the Frankenstein-Dracula variation during a full moon. The transformation into the Wolfman will eat up all your time.
Not to mention the grief you get from your wife when she finds a strange hair with your chess set when you unpack it at home.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
thanks GB, every Thursday i think about it, there is one that meets ten minutes from
my home near Bishopbriggs, I looked at the Scotland leagues, East Dunbartonshire,
they are not very good I think. Bearsden are better.
GB ? Is this a 3a accusation ?

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
GB ? Is this a 3a accusation ?
oops, i meant GP, got my plosive mixed up!

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
meh nothing a silver bullet made from a crucifix and some garlic canny cure. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.