Opponents who don't move because they know the...

Opponents who don't move because they know the...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yorkshire

Moves
20 May 07

Isn't it annoying when your opponent deliberatly dosn't make a move in a game when they know they are to lose the match!!

D
Rusty Veteran

My happy place

Moves
20 May 07

Slow games are annoying in general. I quit the clan I joined so I wouldn't be challenged x2 by slow people with large timeouts and timebanks.

i

Moves
20 May 07

im proud to say i go even faster in messed up games 🙂

d

Moves
21 May 07

Originally posted by gothcharles
Isn't it annoying when your opponent deliberatly dosn't make a move in a game when they know they are to lose the match!!
Your games have a time limit: they will eventually lose: get over it.

IC

Moves
21 May 07

Yeah, it's almost as annoying as people who start threads about it.

h

Moves
21 May 07

Maybe they're seeing if you fall asleep on them so they can time you out.

d

Moves
21 May 07

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Yeah, it's almost as annoying as people who start threads about it.
Recc'd you posted what I was thinking, cheers!

m

Moves
21 May 07

US CC Champ Ed Duliba said you should move as slowly as possible in CC games. It discourages and annoys some opponents so they are more likely to get careless and make a mistake. Maybe he’s right?!

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
21 May 07

"Quote of the Month: Never Make a Bad Move Quickly

On the surface, the axiom, “Never Make a Bad Move Quickly” appears to be stating the obvious. What does anyone gain from knowing they should not make a bad move quickly? And what is the sense of warning them? Yet there is much wisdom to be gained by understanding this principle!

Moving too quickly is one of the most common causes of unnecessary mistakes. I see this error being made multiple times each day! Stronger players almost never make this mistake, yet weaker ones commonly do, so there must be some correlation between understanding and eliminating this error and becoming a strong player."

Dan Heisman - The Two Move Triggers
http://www.chesscafe.com/text/heisman61.pdf

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 May 07
1 edit

Is it only annoying when your opponents do it?

Game 3427477

Pretty obvious after the loss of the rook at move 23 that your opponent was going to trade down and have the rook advantage but you managed to wheedle another 23 moves out of the game.

Pot kettle .....😛

n
The Ever Living

Third Earth

Moves
21 May 07

Hey Charles my good man what are you doing on the thread page!!!

Hope you are well..............I agree it is annoying but theyre is a time limit and you just gotta wait till their time runs out!!