One move a day (3)

One move a day (3)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
03 Mar 08

Since FabianFnas' 'one move a day' thread (Thread 85405) ended and he doesn't seem to want to continue with another game, I thought I'd start another.

The idea is as follows: I will post one move every day of a not very well known and high level game. Everyone is free to make any comment, kibitz all the way! I will not tell anything about the game other than one move a day until the game is over.
Please don't try to find the game in some database or another.
I will try to make the move more or less at the same moment each day.

Have fun again! 🙂

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
03 Mar 08
3 edits

Did Fabian sell ® to you ? 😛

Well, I would start with 1.e4.

j
Ganbei!

Not in lecture

Moves
03 Mar 08

I'd say 1. e4 too.

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

Oh, this will be fun! Thank you, schakuhr, for giving us a third game!

I think e4, statistically the most probable, but I hope for some more exotic opening, like f4 or something.

d

Moves
03 Mar 08

I'd go with 1.c4 simply because I'm more familiar with it than any other opening.

but, could we please get the first 4-5 moves faster?

waiting one whole day for blacks first reply is just meaningless.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Mar 08

1. g4. Let's have some fun.

d

Moves
03 Mar 08
1 edit

is it possible we could turn this into a correspondence match of the whole RHP vs some superstrong engine (Rybka or shredder for example) ??

I think it would be more fun.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
03 Mar 08

I vote for 1. d4

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by diskamyl
but, could we please get the first 4-5 moves faster?

waiting one whole day for blacks first reply is just meaningless.
When I had the two previous threads of "One move a day" I got the same proposal both times. I resisted and I think people thank me for that today.

Who is to decide which move is the first interesting? Without even knowing the game? I think that every move is interesting, at least before we get it, perhaps not after. But giving away the information which move is interesting is not recommendable.

I say that before we know the game, every move is interesting. Please, don't reveal the moves more than one a day. (But of course, I don't own this thread.)

d
happy

home

Moves
03 Mar 08

I say 1Nf3

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

1. e4 and try for a Lopez, Piano etc., but as a fun game I suspect a few twists will be planned...

z

Moves
03 Mar 08

1.c4 for variety!

Back to basics

About

Moves
03 Mar 08

e4 and the French.

d

Moves
03 Mar 08
3 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
When I had the two previous threads of "One move a day" I got the same proposal both times. I resisted and I think people thank me for that today.

Who is to decide which move is the first interesting? Without even knowing the game? I think that every move is interesting, at least before we get it, perhaps not after. But giving away the information whic ...[text shortened]... lease, don't reveal the moves more than one a day. (But of course, I don't own this thread.)
I didn't say they wern't interesting. if white would start with 1.b3 or 1.f4 they would be interesting, but trying to guess the first move is just so meaningless in every point of view. it just doesn't mean anything, it's actually not even thinking, it's almost silly. the same applies for the next several moves too, I think.

I really can't believe people are standing behind this. this one day of thinking time is (or should be, since I cannot see any other reason behind it) for letting people have time for actual thinking and analysing, for evaluating the positions. in this position, what are people analysing or evaluating? nothing. simply, plain, ordinary nothing. it will be the same until we reach a position where it's now beyond only a matter of opening taste.

can you guess or find out by analysis and evaluation, Fischer's favorite opening from the beginning position? no, right? then imagine you're trying to do the same thing for a chess player you don't even know.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by diskamyl
I didn't say they wern't interesting. if white would start with 1.b3 or 1.f4 they would be interesting, but trying to guess the first move is just [b]so meaningless in every point of view. it just doesn't mean anything, it's actually not even thinking, it's almost silly. the same applies for the next several moves too, I think.

I really can't believe people are standing behind this.[/b]
I think it adds to the anticipation and frankly you get the most people participating early on.

By the end of the first one it was mostly mephisto, me, and tebbs...with mephisto and I doing most of the analysis.

By the end of the second it was mostly mephisto, me, and dragon fire...with DF doing most of the analysis.