Need help getting to 1400?

Need help getting to 1400?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
The Vorlon

Papillion, Nebraska

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by RahimK
Any more players cross 1400 from the list?
I just did -- going the wrong way 😕

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
26 Apr 06

Originally posted by mathemos
??

J

back in business

Moves
26 Apr 06

Originally posted by mathemos
dont worry, you'll be back in no time 🙂

E
Chess n00b

Cali

Moves
26 Apr 06

RahimK:

Glad to see someone's trying to help use n00bs out! 🙂 Do you think you might be able to help me? I've read Reassess your chess by Jeremy Silman, as well as his Amatuer's Mind book. I know all about the imbalances and how to work with them. But I think that's where it stops. I think my problem is applying what I know, and I just can't seem do to it well, or even at all. If I posted a couple examples of some of my games where I lost and I described what I was thinking and my plan, would you be able to help me out?

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
27 Apr 06

Originally posted by EnigmaticCam
RahimK:

Glad to see someone's trying to help use n00bs out! 🙂 Do you think you might be able to help me? I've read Reassess your chess by Jeremy Silman, as well as his Amatuer's Mind book. I know all about the imbalances and how to work with them. But I think that's where it stops. I think my problem is applying what I know, and I just can't seem do ...[text shortened]... e I lost and I described what I was thinking and my plan, would you be able to help me out?
Hi, I read Reasses your Chess when I was around 1400-1500 2 years ago when I had just joined the Chess club. It was over my head, I read about 220 pages and gave up. I'll read it again this year. It might make more sense. To me that is an advanced book and I read other players 2000+ say the same thing.

The planning websites I posted on page 12 are good. Read through those. Also read the websites on page 2 I posted and then work on tactics. That should help you. I still have trouble with planning. I'm not sure about others but I just play the best move that comes to mind, I don't really have a set plan when i'm playing.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
10 May 06

A thank you to RahimK
I was around mid 1200's when you started this thread and with your advice I made it over 1400 fell back as I stopped using your tips
I then restarted using your tips and since then I have consistently been over 1400 and have even crept over 1500 on occasion
Thanks again

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
10 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Mctayto
A thank you to [b]RahimK
I was around mid 1200's when you started this thread and with your advice I made it over 1400 fell back as I stopped using your tips
I then restarted using your tips and since then I have consistently been over 1400 and have even crept over 1500 on occasion
Thanks again[/b]
No problem. Glad I can help.

Well guys, I just put an ad up for chess lessons at my chess clubs website. Hopefully I can get some students now. I think I would be a great teacher. Several people at my club are teaching and frankly I want in! Some extra money 🙂

J

back in business

Moves
10 May 06

No problem. Glad I can help.

Well guys, I just put an ad up for chess lessons at my chess clubs website. Hopefully I can get some students now. I think I would be a great teacher. Several people at my club are teaching and frankly I want in! Some extra money 🙂
where is this magical ad?

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 May 06

Originally posted by Jusuh
where is this magical ad?
On my chess clubs website and a simpler version of it is on my blog.

Address is under my profile.

I'm at 1852 so I put that I won't teach players above 1600 CFC. Seems reasonable to me.

S

Moves
11 May 06
1 edit

Is it me, or is there a huge gap (in level of understanding) between mid 1400-1500 players??

for example, how many of those doing Mr.K's 'challenge' know what "opisition" is, and why it is useful to know and apply?

c

USA

Moves
11 May 06

Originally posted by razor2007
Rahim, if a class A player like yourself is offering lessons/training to help us lower players geet to 1400 I would gladly accept, so yes, I'm tyring to get to 1400.
Same here. I would also like to get 1400 USCF. Im just struggling around 1100 USCF right now.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 May 06

Originally posted by chesskid001
Same here. I would also like to get 1400 USCF. Im just struggling around 1100 USCF right now.
Page 2 half way down, follow that advice. I gave link which will help you.

Page 12 of the thread had planning websites. Go through thoses after you are done with the page 2 stuff.

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
12 May 06

Post you name on here if you do.
I do!

Just tell me what software you use an I'm on it..

RTh

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
12 May 06

Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
I do!

Just tell me what software you use an I'm on it..

RTh
Software eh? It's not so simple but for tactics I say go with CT-art 3.0.

Page 2 half way down is my advice with the neccesary links. Do that first and when you are done go to page 12 for the planning stuff.

C

Moves
12 May 06

Software eh? It's not so simple but for tactics I say go with CT-art 3.0.

Page 2 half way down is my advice with the neccesary links. Do that first and when you are done go to page 12 for the planning stuff.
I actually like the CT-ART 3.0 now. It seems to help alot when it comes to tactics. Should I start testing myself instead of practicing the exercises in that program?