My biggest pet hate...

My biggest pet hate...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
29 Oct 08

... is players making a move at least once, some twise, every day the first 10 odd moves... then as soon as it heats up and they find themselves in a spot of hot water they play the time limits by making a move just as the timebank is about to kick in.

Yes, pick games with smaller time limits, I know... /sigh.
Just venting.

Moving on. :-)

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
29 Oct 08

It does take more thinking time when the position get harder - not everyone treats their correspondence games as a simultanious blitz session.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
29 Oct 08

Originally posted by JohannC
... is players making a move at least once, some twise, every day the first 10 odd moves... then as soon as it heats up and they find themselves in a spot of hot water they play the time limits by making a move just as the timebank is about to kick in.

Just venting.

I don't know why you would complain about this. Of course it takes longer to decide what to do in a complex middle game than it does to decide what to respond to 1. e4

K

Hollow earth

Moves
30 Oct 08

Resign the game and hope your next opponent will play faster.Drastic but effective.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by JohannC

Just venting.

I understand your need to vent, but if the slower time controls don't suit your taste, you may want to stay with blitz.
😏

T

ALG

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Katastroof
Resign the game and hope your next opponent will play faster.Drastic but effective.
Wow, I want to play with you!

T

ALG

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
not everyone treats their correspondence games as a simultanious blitz session.
Huh? How do you treat your correspondence games then?

E

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
It does take more thinking time when the position get harder - not everyone treats their correspondence games as a simultanious blitz session.
The problem is that they aren't thinking about the position. They know what they want to do. They just draw the game out as long as possible so that they loss their rating points more slowly.

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Eladar
The problem is that they aren't thinking about the position. They know what they want to do. They just draw the game out as long as possible so that they loss their rating points more slowly.
Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, people might have more time on one day but then have a life outside of RHP? Just a thought.

T

ALG

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by slappy115
but then have a life outside of RHP?
Lol, you are like my teacher, he said he has got a life outside of his job. 😛

F

Moves
30 Oct 08

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, people might have more time on one day but then have a life outside of RHP? Just a thought.
How do you mean? A life outside RHP? Is there... No...?

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
How do you mean? A life outside RHP? Is there... No...?
I didn't believe at first either. But I just looked outside and there is this giant light in the sky and other stuff that is too scary to speak of.

E

Moves
30 Oct 08

If that was the case, then they wouldn't play fast until they were in a losing position.

s
Slappy slap slap

Under your bed...

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Eladar
If that was the case, then they wouldn't play fast until they were in a losing position.
Sometimes a play fast and then I don't move for a few days. I would imagine they have other games, too. Is it just YOUR game or do they treat the rest of the games in the same manner?

n

Moves
30 Oct 08

I just looked outside and there is this giant light in the sky and other stuff that is too scary to speak of.
(Allegory of the cave?)

I play 21/28's but rarely miss 1 move per day.

(I found that because I regularly vacation at correctional facilities that these loose time restraints keep my bar graph from looking like the heart rate of an old man copulating.)