Multiplayer Chess Game Jan 4th 2013

Multiplayer Chess Game Jan 4th 2013

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
31 Dec 13

Let's have another go then... it might seem that there are a lot more rules but really there aren't... just some clarifications and guidelines.

1. The organiser will start a thread in the forum including the proposed start time of the game in the title (eg. Multiplayer Chess Game Dec 7th 2013 ).
2. Everyone interested in playing puts their name down in the thread. The thread will remain in this state for at least 3 days.
3. A minimum of 12 players are required for the game to start.
4. Entry will be closed by the organiser as a post in the thread. Late entry will not be allowed as it could unbalance the teams.
5. The 2 highest rated players will be captains.
6. The lower rated captain will get the choice of picking team players first or playing white.
7. The captains will select players one at a time until there are no players remaining.
8. No single player may make two consecutive moves or more than one move in a 24 hour period.
9. If a team has not made a move in a 72 hour period this will be deemed a resignation.
10. If a player makes an illegal move ( including breaking rule 8 ) the move is taken back and the player is ejected from this game only. The next player may play the same move if desired.
11. Check your PGNs and FENs after posting to ensure the move is as intended. Optionally note your initials and move time as a comment in the PGN or freeform in your post. This will help you avoid breaking rule 8.
12. The site rules governing outside assistance apply. No discussion of the game in progress. No engine use.
13. A non-playing arbiter may offer his services to see fair play and resolve disputes ( although if none appears the game may start without one ).

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
31 Dec 13

I'm in :3

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Moves
31 Dec 13

Me too.

Moves
31 Dec 13

I'll join again. The last one was fun.

K

Moves
01 Jan 14

If there is no game discussion within teams in private chat rooms then how are people supposed to learn from the experience? Perhaps, there is no way on here to have chat rooms that can't be seen by the opposing team.

What do you all think?
KOP

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
01 Jan 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
If there is no game discussion within teams in private chat rooms then how are people supposed to learn from the experience? Perhaps, there is no way on here to have chat rooms that can't be seen by the opposing team.

What do you all think?
KOP
The whole point is no collusion by players on the same team. I'm in of course.

s

Moves
01 Jan 14

Aye, I'm in - I'll try not to be the last player to make a move this time!

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Jan 14

I'll moderate, if no one objects.

Possible addendum to Rule 12: Banter ok, but nothing which would suggest a move or a plan.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
01 Jan 14

Pull up a chair and sit on the floor. The admission is free. Please pay by the door.

I'm an innocent bystander like the NSA

S

Moves
01 Jan 14

I will play, thanks.

FL

Moves
01 Jan 14

I'll give it a miss this time and watch instead.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Jan 14

Only 6 players... need 6 more.. looks like interest has waned... what's happened to Swiss Gymslip ?

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
03 Jan 14

Count me in. This time I hope there is no silly fad opening like the Sicilian.

'Black's position is full of holes' Ray Keene.

W

Moves
04 Jan 14

If you're stuck for numbers I can go in net

Moves
04 Jan 14

I'll play, it looks like I might be a team captain 😏