Mexico City predictions:

Mexico City predictions:

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
09 Sep 07

Kramnik will win

i

Moves
09 Sep 07

whos he playing?😳

M

Moves
09 Sep 07

Kramnik

J

back in business

Moves
09 Sep 07
1 edit

carlsen.

EDIT: damnit, Moro then

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
09 Sep 07

From chessgames.com

"Eight players compete in Mexico City for the right to challenge Kramnik for the world title. The players are: Anand, Svidler, Morozevich, Leko, Gelfand, Aronian, Grischuk, and Kramnik."

So, Kramnik is playing for the right to challenge himself? 😉

I'm guessing Aronian will win.

v

Moves
09 Sep 07

Aronian will win

p

Moves
09 Sep 07

For me it is a toss up between anand and kramnik.although aronian has been playing very well as of late.

MR

Moves
09 Sep 07

FIDE managed to make it about as complicated as possible. (They get my Rube Goldberg award for global chess management.) The way I understand it, Kramnik gets loss odds in Mexico City. If he loses MC, he gets to play the winner of MC. Also, there is an upcoming qualifying tournament in Siberia, and the winner of that gets to play Topalov. (I don't think Topalov gets to play in the Siberia tournament.) Then the winners of those two branches finally play for the WC title.

C
Pawn Grubber

a2-g8 diagonal

Moves
10 Sep 07

I think Vishy is going to take this - he has been pretty fired up lately. Kramink right behind. Moro, Grishuk, Svidler are going to bring up the rear, with Leko and Gelfand going either way. Then, at critical moments in the 2nd half of the tournament, Danilov will sneak into the hall and the toilet flush ringer on his cell phone will cause Kramnik to flinch and misplace a piece, giving Vishy the critial 1/2 pt to win.

MR

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Chipolte
I think Vishy is going to take this - he has been pretty fired up lately. Kramink right behind. Moro, Grishuk, Svidler are going to bring up the rear, with Leko and Gelfand going either way. Then, at critical moments in the 2nd half of the tournament, Danilov will sneak into the hall and the toilet flush ringer on his cell phone will cause Kramnik to flinch and misplace a piece, giving Vishy the critial 1/2 pt to win.
Has anyone mentioned to you that it's spelled "Chipotle"? 😵

C
Pawn Grubber

a2-g8 diagonal

Moves
10 Sep 07

Who cares?

MR

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Chipolte
Who cares?
Mexican restaurants worldwide, that's who!

MR

Moves
10 Sep 07

As far as predictions, probably a coin flip between Kramnik and Anand, with Aronian as a dark horse choice, if he's been eating his spinach lately. But in one tournament, anything can happen. Well, anything except Leko getting aggressive and taking risks. 😉

l

Moves
10 Sep 07

Anand! I cant wait for the Caro's!

MS

Under Cover

Moves
10 Sep 07

Will Kramnik have the stamina for this event? If so, he will win, if not then I have to go with Anand.