It's very difficult to be consistent...

It's very difficult to be consistent...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
02 Aug 09

It's been proven many times that the strongest players seem to be those who are consistent with there study and game load. This is often very difficult for me. I go through periods (about 6-8 weeks) when I'm eager to play and study chess, and spend a lot of time on it, only to spend the next 6-8 weeks feeling burnt out and bored with the subject. Does anyone else experience this?🙂

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
02 Aug 09

This means you're an entirely normal human being with more in your life than chess. Well done! Keep it up 🙂

l

Moves
02 Aug 09

Originally posted by bill718
It's been proven many times that the strongest players seem to be those who are consistent with there study and game load. This is often very difficult for me. I go through periods (about 6-8 weeks) when I'm eager to play and study chess, and spend a lot of time on it, only to spend the next 6-8 weeks feeling burnt out and bored with the subject. Does anyone else experience this?🙂
I know what you mean. It is difficult to understand how one can improve when experiencing this problem. I'm a bit sick of playing at the moment so I might try to spend a week or two studying.