I really hate...

I really hate...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
05 Oct 07

Losing because of a timeout =/

SS

Moves
05 Oct 07

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
05 Oct 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
😀 😉

r

Moves
05 Oct 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
haha very nicely said... problem is i have limited access to the internet and i wasn't paying attention to the fact that the timeout was 1 day

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
05 Oct 07

Originally posted by rootworm
haha very nicely said... problem is i have limited access to the internet and i wasn't paying attention to the fact that the timeout was 1 day
That's happened to me before, but now ya know to check 😉

H

San Diego

Moves
05 Oct 07

Yeah, gotta watch out for those guys who play exclusively 1/0 games (1 day timeout, 0 day time bank) and rack up timeout wins. On the other hand, if you know you'll be able to keep up with the game, you could be playing someone with an inflated ranking--i.e. ranking is higher than true indication of chess skill.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
06 Oct 07

Originally posted by HolyT
Yeah, gotta watch out for those guys who play exclusively 1/0 games (1 day timeout, 0 day time bank) and rack up timeout wins. On the other hand, if you know you\'ll be able to keep up with the game, you could be playing someone with an inflated ranking--i.e. ranking is higher than true indication of chess skill.
Yeah! How dare they prey on people who can\'t be bothered to read the conditions of the game they\'re accepting?!

M

Moves
06 Oct 07
1 edit

I prefer 1/0 games, but rarely take timeouts, except in the case of people who just can't be bothered - and then I put them on my ignore list. I'm here to play, not to sit and look at 60 games and "0 games waiting" {like I'm doing right now}. I'm also ignoring 2 skulls because those players have advised me they're not available. We're not all ratings-boost cowboys.