Have you ever done this

Have you ever done this

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
11 Nov 06

In Game 2573547 I intended playing 44. Rf2 with (I thought) an easy win, but I dropped the Rook on f3 by mistake and hit the submit button. Even sent an in game message about stopping him doubling Rooks on the 7th. Didn't notice until I got his reply and suddenly an "easy" win has become very problematical.

No comments on the game as still in progress just the concept of these unintended blunders. I must confess this has happened to me about 5 times now - twice fatal but maybe lost anyway, once throwing away a win to a draw, once when it made no practical difference and now this.

c

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
In Game 2573547 I intended playing 44. Rf2 with (I thought) an easy win, but I dropped the Rook on f3 by mistake and hit the submit button. Even sent an in game message about stopping him doubling Rooks on the 7th. Didn't notice until I got his reply and suddenly an "easy" win has become very problematical.

No comments on the game as still in pr ...[text shortened]... , once throwing away a win to a draw, once when it made no practical difference and now this.
I don't think I've done it on here, but I do it a lot in bullet games (Which I've stopped playing). It's generally a major annoyance, and happens a lot when my computer lags up. :/

F

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I don't think I've done it on here, but I do it a lot in bullet games (Which I've stopped playing). It's generally a major annoyance, and happens a lot when my computer lags up. :/
Bullet games - is that with a 5 minutes per game per player?

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Bullet games - is that with a 5 minutes per game per player?
Bullet games are 1 minute games. They have the value of giving you carpal tunnel and tendonitis. 🙁

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
11 Nov 06

I have tried 1 minute per game. Its impossible to play anything sensible - a total lottery. Why play it?

Y

Moves
11 Nov 06

I personally don't believe that 1 min bullet games help improve your game very much

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
I personally don't believe that 1 min bullet games help improve your game very much
Agreed, as an experiment, I once played as white in a 1 minute game, and once I had my king safe, I repeated the same knight move over and over. I won on time. It's a joke.

D

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Agreed, as an experiment, I once played as white in a 1 minute game, and once I had my king safe, I repeated the same knight move over and over. I won on time. It's a joke.

D
Yes the winner is the one who moves fastest not the one who plays teh best chess.

SS

Moves
11 Nov 06
1 edit

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
11 Nov 06

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I don't like 3 min either. I did play in a 5 min. 24 hr marathon at ICC though and took 2nd place! Gotmilk beat me out of 1st place in the last half hour of the event. I was so exhausted I couldn't hold off the fresh newcomers.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
12 Nov 06

The post that was quoted here has been removed
3 minutes plus 10-15 seconds per move is okay. It allows 48 moves in 15 minutes which is reasonable.

c

Moves
12 Nov 06
1 edit

Well, unlike all of you guys I'm not old. So I have the ability to play decent moves in that amount of time - I blunder, sure, but it's not as bad as it sounds. When I have more time tomorrow I'll post a bullet game or two - you'll find blunders, but in general it's ok.

BTW: Don't get all defensive, the age thing is a joke. And I agree that blitz is much, much more efficient.

Y

Moves
12 Nov 06

I don't bullet, and I rarely blitz. In fact, I rarely do anything under 10/5 on uchess and 15/0 on fics

c

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
I don't bullet, and I rarely blitz. In fact, I rarely do anything under 10/5 on uchess and 15/0 on fics
I'm still mad that you've chosen the username "Yugoslav" but refuse to play the most respected Yugoslav from the black side. 😞

Don't even start with your AD Yugoslav crap - it's a fake!

J

back in business

Moves
12 Nov 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Its impossible to play anything sensible - a total lottery. Why play it?
you know, some senior players have similar opinions of 3min games. 1min games are only total lottery if you cant find good moves in a second.