Grob's Attack

Grob's Attack

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

Hi Guys I just requested a Grob Thematic, and it's open for players. Come on in and join. If you lose you can always blame the opening. 🙂

r

Moves
20 Aug 08

whats the missing bit???

Grob's Attack II
Many Grob players enjoy the (self-)destructive nature of the opening. By immediately moving the g-pawn two squares ahead White is really saying:

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

Yeah, that's it. I remember reading that Raymond Keene thinks it's the worst possible white opening. 🙂

r

Moves
20 Aug 08

the end of the sentence is missing "By immediately moving the g-pawn two squares ahead White is really saying: ??????"

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

Many Grob players enjoy the (self-)destructive nature of the opening. By immediately moving the g-pawn two squares ahead White is really saying: "I am going to rip apart the pawn structure in this game; first mine, then yours."

I did a search for Grob. That's what the first Grob thematic said.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
20 Aug 08
2 edits

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
Hi Guys I just requested a Grob Thematic, and it's open for players. Come on in and join. If you lose you can always blame the opening. 🙂
Wow I would like to, but as soon black is out of book and play solid moves, I am roasted.

I do not know when my opponent forces full center of pawns, c4 ripping-center move doesn't work etc.

I just do not know where to look for advantage when my opponent plays solidly.

r

Moves
20 Aug 08

By immediately moving the g-pawn two squares ahead White is really saying... I don't rate you as an opponent and intend to humiliate you!

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

1. g4 is for fun. It's not to be taken seriously. Just gamble with it and go for it Ivan. I haven't used it once here, and I am taking a chance too. 1. g4 d5 2. e3!?. That seems to be a brand new unexplored position. The possibilities are endless!!!

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

roge Grandmaster John Nunn has lost to 1.g4 !!!

r

Moves
20 Aug 08

i'm just taking the piss - am certainly not good enough to pass any serious comment - have entered for a bit of fun - gl to all

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

I'm happy to see you joined. Let's have a good time. Handshake

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20 Aug 08

In fact I can blame losses on far superior opponents. I fear that a 2000+ will easiyl recognise possibilities, which are invisible to me 🙂

p

Moves
20 Aug 08

I got back rank mated today. Anything's possible for any rating. 🙂

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
20 Aug 08

1. g4 is for fun. It's not to be taken seriously. Just gamble with it and go for it Ivan. I haven't used it once here, and I am taking a chance too. 1. g4 d5 2. e3!?. That seems to be a brand new unexplored position. The possibilities are endless!!!
Ah what the hell. I will be on both sides anyway. And I hope not all of us are grob experts. Joined 😛

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
20 Aug 08
1 edit

OK! I only just failed to win Grob I (Tournament 1667) having been eliminated by the eventual winner so maybe I could give Grob II a try.