Game mod team?

Game mod team?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
29 Jan 08

Is there still a game mod team? I just went to look at the volunteers and noticed there were no more mods. What does this mean? Where should I send my message now?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
29 Jan 08

Send Feedback. Category: Game Moderation.

The Site Admins are planning a new approach to game moderation. I have no details. I hope it will be effective.

TC

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Send Feedback. Category: Game Moderation.

The Site Admins are planning a new approach to game moderation. I have no details. I hope it will be effective.
But, is game moderation suspended until this new approach is implemented, or is it going on?

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
But, is game moderation suspended until this new approach is implemented, or is it going on?
Nooo... NOW IS OPPORTUNITY for mr. Fritz, mrs. Rybka, mr. CMX, mr. Shredder ... !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! 😛

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
Only that volunteers will no longer be involved in game moderation until further notice. It is now solely the responsibility of the Site Admins.

TC

Moves
29 Jan 08

Only that volunteers will no longer be involved in game moderation until further notice. It is now solely the responsibility of the Site Admins.
In that case, I leave here my recognition for the great job the game moderation team has done, when it existed.

It's a dirt work, that usually doesn't count with the simpathy of many people, that needed to be done, and you carried it out with great efficiency, prudency and, most of all, discretion.

So my thanks to cludi, Gatecrasher and whoever was the third member (I forgot now. Sorry.)

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
30 Jan 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
Nooo... NOW IS OPPORTUNITY for mr. Fritz, mrs. Rybka, mr. CMX, mr. Shredder ... !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! 😛
I think you can stick a fork in game moderation they're losing too much $$$ from banned users

s

Moves
30 Jan 08

Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
I think you can stick a fork in game moderation they're losing too much $$$ from banned users
I think they'll lose more if they don't. What is the point of 3(b) if its not enforced?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Jan 08

Obviously some dubious techno-fix is planned as the Site Admins are unqualified for the task of identifying engine users as their chess knowledge is minimal.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Obviously some dubious techno-fix is planned as the Site Admins are unqualified for the task of identifying engine users as their chess knowledge is minimal.
the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either. maybe they're just making the same process automatic?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by wormwood
the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either. maybe they're just making the same process automatic?
It didn't? You don't know jack about it.

N

The sky

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by wormwood
the old method doesn't rely on the mods being strong players either.
I doubt it was coincidence that they includ(i)ed two strong players in the game mod team. It sounds strange to me to do it without any involvement of strong players, and that it is apparently done without consulting the previous game mod team. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Thanks to the game mod team for all their work!

H
Renouned Grob Killer

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by scandium
I think they'll lose more if they don't. What is the point of 3(b) if its not enforced?
I doubt anyone stays here just for that. They're losing a great deal of money from jimster, jean hebert, kingcaptured, ih8sens etc... they were loyal paying customers. And Im sure people wont leave for just that

N

The sky

Moves
31 Jan 08

I doubt anyone stays here just for that. They're losing a great deal of money from jimster, jean hebert, kingcaptured, ih8sens etc... they were loyal paying customers. And Im sure people wont leave for just that
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

MA

Moves
31 Jan 08
1 edit

There have only been five (3b) bannings since September 1 of last year, and that scarcely constitutes a great deal of money.

So, try a new premise, everyone.