GAME 12

GAME 12

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
12 Oct 06

Who's excited...?

Ok, we all are. Just post stuff about it.

s

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
Who's excited...?

Ok, we all are. Just post stuff about it.
Is it today?

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
12 Oct 06

Yeah it's today. It's in 4.25 hours.

T

Moves
12 Oct 06

who is playing?

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by stevetodd
Is it today?
Yes. Susan Polgar will be doing live commentary at:
http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/

W
The Black Swan

Oss

Moves
12 Oct 06

kramnik will fixe it again!

Let the moves be the news !

s

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Is it today?
I'm interested to know how other players feel about Topolov, before this started I respected him immensly, but actually was rooting for Kramnik because I never thought he got the respect he deserved. However events off the board have drastically effected my opinion. I will never respect Topolov again, yes he is a great chess player but as a man I have no respect for him and probably never will. Unless of course he publicly appologises to Kramnik, but that isn't very probable.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
12 Oct 06

Initially I was rooting for Kramnik, simply because he was able to lift the title from the great Garry Kasparov. I had nothing against Topalov, until the whole fiasco. At first I thought maybe his manager was to blame, but since reading interviews with him at the match and taking into account his personal record with Kramnik I find Topalov to be an arrogant ass. He has harmed chess very much with his actions. I hope greatly to see his place at the top come to an end.

F

Moves
12 Oct 06

What happens with the 5th game? Is it to be played, as Kramnik wants? Or is the w.o. win for Topalov

Is this decided after a draw in the 12th game? 😉

What's happens if the total result will be 6-6? Who is World Champion then? Are they going to play more games? In this case, what kind of games?, and when?

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
What happens with the 5th game? Is it to be played, as Kramnik wants? Or is the w.o. win for Topalov

Is this decided after a draw in the 12th game? 😉

What's happens if the total result will be 6-6? Who is World Champion then? Are they going to play more games? In this case, what kind of games?, and when?
That's just the thing, nobody knows.

If they tie they'll probably play through the tiebreakers. Topalov has refused to replay game 5, but Kramnik may file a lawsuit against FIDE.

Jew.

Moves
12 Oct 06

s

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
That's just the thing, nobody knows.

If they tie they'll probably play through the tiebreakers. Topalov has refused to replay game 5, but Kramnik may file a lawsuit against FIDE.
I am no expert, but on what grounds can he sue? surely the laws of the game were simply applied when he didn't turn up. I wish he had just played, but maybe Topolov's plan worked and he was too aggitated and would have lost anyway? If it's a draw today and Topolov goes on to win I think it will be a hollow victory as many will not recognize him as the world champion, it's a shame that things have to come to this, but he has brought it on himself and IMO only an appology from him would even things out now.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

I am no expert, but on what grounds can he sue? surely the laws of the game were simply applied when he didn't turn up. I wish he had just played, but maybe Topolov's plan worked and he was too aggitated and would have lost anyway? If it's a draw today and Topolov goes on to win I think it will be a hollow victory as many will not recognize him as the worl ut he has brought it on himself and IMO only an appology from him would even things out now.
Breach of contract by the match organizers would be a place to start. Remember that prize money is being awarded based on the result of the match.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Oct 06

Remind me, how many games are they scheduled to play? Is it 12 or 24? 😕

s

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Breach of contract by the match organizers would be a place to start. Remember that prize money is being awarded based on the result of the match.
I honestly hope there is a chance of this, although I would like to see him do it on the board, it might teach Topolov a lesson if his bad sportsmanship cost him. What would Kramnik be suing for? game 5 replayed, the whole match replayed or just not recognized officially? At the very least I hope Topolov is somewhere at the back of his mind concerned about this and distracting him slightly as that would be real ironic justice IMO