For all David Tebb fans

For all David Tebb fans

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
09 Sep 06

Originally posted by David Tebb
Thanks. I'll need it. I've got black against an IM today.

Although he's only rated 2422. So by gambit's standards he must be a very weak player!
And it's a draw!!

13 KARTTUNEN,Mika (2) ½ - ½ TEBB,David (2) 23 45

Great stuff 😀

MS

Under Cover

Moves
09 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
And it's a draw!!

13 KARTTUNEN,Mika (2) ½ - ½ TEBB,David (2) 23 45

Great stuff 😀
That puts his score at 2.5/4. Nigel only has 3.5, so he's only 1 point behind a truly world class player! He obviously has no idea how to play chess huh gambit3?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
09 Sep 06
1 edit

David play GM Nicholas Pert in the next match on board 13! Maybe a game on the live boards is not out of the question...

Pert is rated 2503, obviously not very good, so should be a walk in the park for our David.

d

Moves
09 Sep 06

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
David play GM Nicholas Pert in the next match on board 13! Maybe a game on the live boards is not out of the question...

Pert is rated 2503, obviously not very good, so should be a walk in the park for our David.
They just give GM titles away these days, don't they?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
09 Sep 06

Originally posted by dottewell
They just give GM titles away these days, don't they?
They offered me one but I turned it down. Too much like drinking watered down Scotch.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
10 Sep 06

Tebb's a beast. Bottom line.

Moves
10 Sep 06

It would be interesting to see the weblog stats at the end of the tournament and see if Tebb's games have the most views of any of the players or right up there with the top guys anyways.

Give em hell David!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Tebb's a beast. Bottom line.
Anyone who has played him will agree with this. He is the opponent who has most consistently completely destroyed me on this site.

c

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Anyone who has played him will agree with this. He is the opponent who has most consistently completely destroyed me on this site.
Yeah, I saw his games against you two (You guys as black with the Dragon) and his play is astounding. Anybody who claims that he isn't a strong player better back it up by having the talent to beat him.

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by gambit3
I do not consider a player strong until they are rated at least 2650 in over the board play vs 2600 and higher rated players. Tebb is not that strong a player. Perhaps his correnspondence play is another matter. Tebb may be a very strong correnspondence player. There are no GMs in here to really test the top players.
Remind me, how do you beat Kasaprov (even in a simul) without being a strong player......

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by Bedlam
Remind me, how do you beat Kasaprov (even in a simul) without being a strong player......
Didn't you get the memo? As of the latest rating list Kasparov is no longer a strong player.

s

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Didn't you get the memo? As of the latest rating list Kasparov is no longer a strong player.
Appologies in advance as it's obviously sarcasm (I think) but to enlighten those that might believe your comment, that match was in 1989 and furthermore David was playing black!

s

Moves
10 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by stevetodd
Appologies in advance as it's obviously sarcasm (I think) but to enlighten those that might believe your comment, that match was in 1989 and furthermore David was playing black!
Sorry to change the subject, but as there are some highly ranked players looking at this thread has anyone solved the 'who has the advantage' thread problem yet? I've looked at it for over an hour and I just can't see what the combination is that wins a piece (it's doing my head in, I need someone to tell me what I missed please and put me out my misery).

b

Moves
10 Sep 06

After listening on the radio to Everton's great win in yesterday's early kick off I went over to Liverpool's World Museum to watch the chess. DT had to tread carefully at a couple of stages, but was never in serious trouble, and held his nerve well to claim the draw. Good luck today Dave in your hunt for a grandmaster scalp.

I was also pleased to see Atticus chess club member John Carleton draw in a well contested struggle against a 2600 player.

In the evening a large bunch of chess players could be found analysing the games for several hours over pints of beer from Cains local brewery in Dr Duncans pub ...

z

Moves
10 Sep 06
1 edit

rant Why does the RHP crowd always do this? Major on the minor in a post. This is supposed to be about a player on this site playing in the EU individual championship not about some confused guys comment about weak players under 2650 or something.

I thought you would be "seconds" and give encouraging/practical advice rather than some circus act.