Fishing while playing chess

Fishing while playing chess

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 08

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
This wasn't a serious thread. It was started based on an attack on fishing from another thread. The attacker has been temporarily stopped from posting. My annotation thread with all the good advice from greenpawn went with it! 🙁
What, Paul when you go fishing and playing chess you eat T-bones??????

p

Moves
16 Oct 08

Originally posted by black beetle
What, Paul when you go fishing and playing chess you eat T-bones??????
No way !!!

I have an old lady in town clean the fish "on the half".
She gets to keep half of them for herself. 🙂
If I only catch three or four, I just let her have them. 🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Oct 08

No way !!!

I have an old lady in town clean the fish "on the half".
She gets to keep half of them for herself. 🙂
If I only catch three or four, I just let her have them. 🙂
Cute!

e4

Moves
16 Oct 08

This wasn't a serious thread. It was started based on an attack on fishing from another thread. The attacker has been temporarily stopped from posting. My annotation thread with all the good advice from greenpawn went with it! 🙁
Why did Eldragonfly get a forum ban.

I do not think he was any worse than his usual self.

(mind you I did read it all - when he goes off on a rant he tends
to repeat himself from other threads - maybe he went too far this time)

Was it because he 'named' me - this seems a bit stiff as I name
me in my profile.

p

Moves
16 Oct 08

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Why did Eldragonfly get a forum ban.

I do not think he was any worse than his usual self.

(mind you I did read it all - when he goes off on a rant he tends
to repeat himself from other threads - maybe he went too far this time)

Was it because he 'named' me - this seems a bit stiff as I name
me in my profile.
It was more about tomtom and me, I think. Did you see ALL the posts? They went on all day yesterday and most of the night.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
16 Oct 08

It was more about tomtom and me, I think. Did you see ALL the posts? They went on all day yesterday and most of the night.
Yes - eldragontroll have posted his usual nonsense-offensive texts

s

Moves
16 Oct 08

He was pretty offensive, but it was hardly nonsense. If you're going to quite blithely state that you like fishing/hunting whatever, then you shouldn't be totally surprised if someone takes you to task for it.

However, there are better ways of doing this than Eldragonfly came up with. Still, harsh to ban/suspend the guy for what he was saying (and I did read all the posts).

p

Moves
16 Oct 08

I actually didn't say a word about hunting. I don't. I was merely talking fishing. If he says fishing is wrong that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. To sit there and call me an idiot and make fun of me for having a different perspective was, I thought, out of line. I shouldn't have to play defense. I just made a statement. It was a friendly chat including fishing that turned into a heated argument. There was no malice or dissention. Everything someone does seems to get judgement.

e4

Moves
16 Oct 08

No I never saw anything.

Am busy preparing a chess lecture at Dundee this Saturday.

see:

http://www.dundee-congress.co.uk/

I say lecture - it will be jokes, daft games, a chess song or two,
10 minutes on the great Lewis Chessmen Hoax, a serious look at
a game (one of Nezhmetdinov's) then i'll pluck a game at random
from the audience and maul it to bits on my demo board.

Then, My book, (did I mention my book before) is getting printed this Monday.

The title and what's it all about is being announced at Dundee.

I'm all excited.

s

Moves
16 Oct 08

I actually didn't say a word about hunting. I don't. I was merely talking fishing. If he says fishing is wrong that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. To sit there and call me an idiot and make fun of me for having a different perspective was, I thought, out of line. I shouldn't have to play defense. I just made a statement. It was a f ...[text shortened]... ument. There was no malice or dissention. Everything someone does seems to get judgement.
Well, you did say 'there is nothing wrong with fishing/hunting', not in your original post but later.

But anyway, no big deal-you don't mind killing/harming certain creatures, other people find it immoral/offensive-better to keep it all away from the Chess pages.

p

Moves
16 Oct 08

Originally posted by streetfighter
Well, you did say 'there is nothing wrong with fishing/hunting', not in your original post but later.

But anyway, no big deal-you don't mind killing/harming certain creatures, other people find it immoral/offensive-better to keep it all away from the Chess pages.
I did say that. I said there is nothing wrong with fishing/hunting. People have lived off meat since the beginning of time.

I'm sorry, I had forgotten.

I find the way that you said the exact same thing, non-judgemental and non-offensive. You didn't call me an idiot or anything !!!
You RESPECTED my opinion, and I RESPECT yours.

I don't want to relive the whole thread, so I'll stick to chess. 🙂

t

Moves
16 Oct 08

That's my main disagreement. If you find harming a living creature killing it and eating it immoral then you should find eating plants even more immoral because it too was alive and often times it's still alive when you eat it! 😲

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
16 Oct 08

He was pretty offensive, but it was hardly nonsense. If you're going to quite blithely state that you like fishing/hunting whatever, then you shouldn't be totally surprised if someone takes you to task for it.

However, there are better ways of doing this than Eldragonfly came up with. Still, harsh to ban/suspend the guy for what he was saying (and I did read all the posts).
Taking into account his primitive rudeness I wonder why he is still not banned from RHP.

s

Moves
16 Oct 08

I get the feeling from you guys that he maybe makes a habit of this rather than it being an isolated incident?
(Can't say I've noticed any other threads but I don't have time to check eveything always!)

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
17 Oct 08

I get the feeling from you guys that he maybe makes a habit of this rather than it being an isolated incident?
(Can't say I've noticed any other threads but I don't have time to check eveything always!)

Exactly!