1. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:18
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    I get the feeling from you guys that he maybe makes a habit of this rather than it being an isolated incident?
    (Can't say I've noticed any other threads but I don't have time to check eveything always!)
    that's an outright lie and an oversimplification. Just to let you know.
  2. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    That's my main disagreement. If you find harming a living creature killing it and eating it immoral then you should find eating plants even more immoral because it too was alive and often times it's still alive when you eat it! 😲
    that is a most unscientific and for my money, daft and childish statement. eating plants and fruits is not immoral, plants are not creatures, in the sense that animals are. besides which they are not horrifically slaughtered when there really is no need. 🙄
  3. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:24
    Originally posted by Korch
    Taking into account his primitive rudeness I wonder why he is still not banned from RHP.
    describe this primitive rudeness.. no truth is you lack the critical thinking skillz to engage in anything but superficial debate and seem mightily fond of the foisting of ridiculous and illogical statements upon this forum.
  4. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:29
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I did say that. I said there is nothing wrong with fishing/hunting. People have lived off meat since the beginning of time.
    there is something horribly wrong with fishing and hunting. Just because you refuse to or lack the commonsense and/or morals to recognize this does not make it so.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:32
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    a chess song or two
    Chess songs? Tell me more about it!
  6. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Chess songs? Tell me more about it!
    "goodbye ruby tuesday
    who could hang a name on you
    when you change with every new day
    still i'm gonna' miss you."
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 02:04
    Every time you eat an apple and an orange and then excrete feces into a toilet you have prevented the life of tons of future apples and oranges. 😲

You keep right on thinking it's immoral, the fact that you do isn't going to stop me from eating meat and there aint a durned thing you can do about it. 😴
  8. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 02:241 edit
    Every time you eat an apple and an orange and then excrete feces into a toilet you have prevented the life of tons of future apples and oranges. 😲

You keep right on thinking it's immoral, the fact that you do isn't going to stop me from eating meat and there aint a durned thing you can do about it. 😴
    unscientific. unsound. In a word silly and ridiculous. i think the real problem here is that these simple ideas and points are just too much for you to fathom.

and this shallow speciesist drivel is just a bit much. Slave owners used to use the same small-minded, confused and ignorant logic to justify ownership and cruel treatment of slaves.

you are harming the ecosphere, no doubt about it.... you can wallow around in this unscientific and shallow speciesist muck all that you want but you know it's true.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:021 edit
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    unscientific. unsound. In a word silly and ridiculous. i think the real problem here is that these simple ideas and points are just too much for you to fathom.

and this shallow speciesist drivel is just a bit much. Slave owners used to use the same small-minded, confused and ignorant logic to justify ownership and cruel treatment of slaves.

you are ...[text shortened]... ound in this unscientific and shallow speciesist muck all that you want but you know it's true.
    You must be the most illogical person alive. Every time I raise a point in this debate of morals that you don't have an argument for, you just call it unscientific.

🙄
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:11
    Eating meat does not harm the ecosphere, in fact if nobody ate meat that would be extremely harmful because the animals would exceed the capacity of their ecosystem and eat all the plants and shrubbery thus effectively killing themselves.
  11. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:274 edits
    uh huh. Your point appears to be that eating fruits, grains and plants is immoral, but killing and eating fish and animals is not. That is just plain selfish, ignorant and petty, yet typical "head in the sand" shallow speciesist thinking. Like i said before, totally unscientific, unsound, childish and stupid. and you seem quick to ignore my comparisons of your remarks to those of greedy and ignorant slave owners in the not so distant past, whom also asserted, with their greedy and unthinkabley corrupt xtian god as their witness, that they had an undeniable right to own slaves, human beings, because they were savages.
  12. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:281 edit
    Eating meat does not harm the ecosphere...
    i can prove otherwise. The UN would disagree with that rather dull and abritrary statement.

"People should have one meat-free day a week if they want to make a personal and effective sacrifice that would help tackle climate change, the world's leading authority on global warming has said.

Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which last year earned a joint share of the Nobel Peace Prize, said that people should then go on to reduce their meat consumption even further.

Pachauri, who was re-elected the panel's chairman for a second six-year term last week, said diet change was important because of the huge greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental problems - including habitat destruction - associated with rearing cattle and other animals. It was relatively easy to change eating habits compared to changing means of transport, he said.

The UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation has estimated that meat production accounts for nearly a fifth of global greenhouse gas emissions. These are generated during the production of animal feeds, for example, while ruminants, particularly cows, emit methane, which is 23 times more effective as a global warming agent than carbon dioxide. The agency has also warned that meat consumption is set to double by the middle of the century.

'In terms of immediacy of action and the feasibility of bringing about reductions in a short period of time, it clearly is the most attractive opportunity,' said Pachauri. 'Give up meat for one day [a week] initially, and decrease it from there,' said the Indian economist, who is a vegetarian."

long story short eating meat is not environmentally sound, contributes to habitat destruction and is responsible for the lions share of greenhouse gas emission, so eating meat does harm the environment.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:32

you are ...[text shortened]... ound in this unscientific and shallow speciesist muck all that you want but you know it's true.
    in a word silly and ridiculous.

That's two words.

Slave owners used to use the same small-minded, confused and ignorant logic to justify ownership and cruel treatment of slaves.

You do realize how redicilous it is to say that slave owners ate their slaves alive and then excreted them, as fecal matter, into a toilet don't you?
  14. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 03:38
    You do realize how redicilous it is to say that slave owners ate their slaves alive and then excreted them, as fecal matter, into a toilet don't you?
    🙄
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 04:23
    i can prove otherwise. The UN would disagree with that rather dull and abritrary statement.

"People should have one meat-free day a week if they want to make a personal and effective sacrifice that would help tackle climate change, the world's leading authority on global warming has said.

Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the United Nations Intergover ...[text shortened]... r the lions share of greenhouse gas emission, so eating meat does harm the environment.
    Show me, where in that whole insane quote does it say stop hunting and fishing? If you actually read into what it was saying you would realize that the actual act of eating meat has no affect. It is the way the meat is produced and packaged and shipped and their way to lessen this is by proposing that the average person eats less meat assuming that the average person doesn't have time to hunt and fish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree