Fischer signiture question

Fischer signiture question

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Moves
21 Oct 09

Hi, I'm a chess player, and I own a very rare post card with an envelope signed by Fischer & I think Spassky. Each one signed both the postcard & envelope. There from the 92 re-match. The postcard has a large cartoon image on it of Fischers face with some other ink stamps of country of orgin. His & Spassky's signiture are in black ink. The envelope has a large print stamp on it of fischer with his beard, along with some other ink stamps. Thats also signed. I know for a fact it's real, I cannot mention where I purchased it from, just that it was about 9 yrs ago in NYC. I think theres only a few of these cards in the world. Does anyone know the value of this card by any chance?

h

Moves
21 Oct 09

Originally posted by AnT1862
Hi, I'm a chess player, and I own a very rare post card with an envelope signed by Fischer & I think Spassky. Each one signed both the postcard & envelope. There from the 92 re-match. The postcard has a large cartoon image on it of Fischers face with some other ink stamps of country of orgin. His & Spassky's signiture are in black ink. The envelope has a lar ...[text shortened]... nly a few of these cards in the world. Does anyone know the value of this card by any chance?
£0.10

FL

Moves
21 Oct 09
1 edit

Try this guy.
http://www.evrado.com/chess/autogramme/index.shtml

He's an expert on Fischer's signature, he even wrote a book on the subject!
http://web.archive.org/web/20070302134231/www.fischingforforgeries.com/home.html

h

Moves
21 Oct 09

He doesn't have mine yet 😕

A

Moves
21 Oct 09

Thank you, I just sent an e-mail to that contact, I know the siginture is real, but dont know much about the backround info of it, like in how many exist or things like that. Hopefully he knows, thanks again.

A

Moves
21 Oct 09

His e-mail is automatically rejecting incoming mail. So much for that. Will try again in few days.

FL

Moves
21 Oct 09
1 edit

His e-mail is automatically rejecting incoming mail. So much for that. Will try again in few days.
Perhaps this explains why his e-mail address isn't working:
http://www.iccf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458

A

Moves
21 Oct 09

Yes, I suppose it does, thank you. Sorry for his familys & friends loss.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 09

Hi, I'm a chess player, and I own a very rare post card with an envelope signed by Fischer & I think Spassky. Each one signed both the postcard & envelope. There from the 92 re-match. The postcard has a large cartoon image on it of Fischers face with some other ink stamps of country of orgin. His & Spassky's signiture are in black ink. The envelope has a lar ...[text shortened]... nly a few of these cards in the world. Does anyone know the value of this card by any chance?
Try Antiques Roadshow

A

Moves
22 Oct 09

Thanks again, if anyone knows anything about this Fischer postcard please let me know.

e4

Moves
22 Oct 09

Hi

Sounds like quite an item. Are you sure it's genuine?

A

Moves
22 Oct 09

Yes, very sure, the source was someone who grew up playing chess with Fischer in NYC. I've been on some sites that show fake signitures and compare them to the real ones. The "B's" are like the number six, everything looks perfect. Theres numerous ink stamps on the postacrd and envelope. I wanted to post a picture of it here on the forum if theres a spot to do that.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit

I also have one of these that acquired when I lived in NYC 6 or 7 years ago.

The man selling them had several, but I only bought one for fear it might be a fake.

Moves
22 Oct 09

Originally posted by Red Night
I also have one of these that acquired when I lived in NYC 6 or 7 years ago.

The man selling them had several, but I only bought one for fear it might be a fake.
yes, copies for fisher postcards are quite common i here, i wouldn't even buy one if i happened to come across it. even if it is genuine how would you know for sure? not worth the risk if you ask me... i certainly would be happy to get anything back from it if i had purchase said item. a little profit is better than nothing as they say... how much did you buy for yours? i hope it wasn't a lot.

MA
Nyuszi, golyó!

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit