erice1 banned

erice1 banned

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
C'mon on, Cludi; are you saying it's a coincidence that ONE DAY after that thread was started and removed that erice1 got banned???? Pleeze.
Especially since the game mod team was disbanded at least two weeks ago - the evidence must have been there already at that time.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I don't know what was going on with the two of them, but I love this "GEM"

Game 4553009
Running White's moves through Fritz at 15 seconds a move, every one of erice1's moves matches Fritz's first choice except move 5 which is it's second (with about .10 pawn value difference).

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Feb 08

You don't suppose I could get back the 29 games I lost against him !!!

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Very RustyYou don't suppose I could get back the 29 games I lost against him !!!
Go to "My Profile"

Apply "white out" correction fluid to the screen over your W-L record

Pencil in the correct numbers as you see it

🙄

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Go to "My Profile"

Apply "white out" correction fluid to the screen over your W-L record

Pencil in the correct numbers as you see it

🙄
Obviously your kids drove you insane, sorry to hear about it !!!!

Canada

Moves
13 Feb 08

That sucks Rusty, I lost a few to him, nothing you can do about it. I even had him in my clan for about two days...before we sent him packing, well he said he "did not know what to expect from playing in a clan"...two days later he had his own clan, and continued destroying the best this site has to offer...sucks really...in the end, you hope these guys are legit...and then when they are not, it sucks the big cheese...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
That sucks Rusty, I lost a few to him, nothing you can do about it. I even had him in my clan for about two days...before we sent him packing, well he said he "did not know what to expect from playing in a clan"...two days later he had his own clan, and continued destroying the best this site has to offer...sucks really...in the end, you hope these guys are legit...and then when they are not, it sucks the big cheese...
Yes, and especially after him winning around 15 tournaments, that others should have Won....!!! I know all this has been hashed out before, guess there isn't much can be done !!

F

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Yes, and especially after him winning around 15 tournaments, that others should have Won....!!! I know all this has been hashed out before, guess there isn't much can be done !!
A banned member should lose all his tournament victories to the the second in the tournies in question.
But if the 2nd and 3rd has the same number of points, then what?
This is tough one.

In the olympics, if one goes on steorids, he (she) has to return the medal and the silver winner gets it. (...silver goes to bronze and the 4th one gets the bronze...)

c

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by cludi
1) I don't think erice1 was the most blatant engine user in RHP history. Not even close. On the other hand, there's no doubt he was cheating.

2) Info about the amount of time used with analysis board is completely useless and would prove absolutely nothing. The only thing that really matters is the moves actually made.

3) Engine use [b]can
be proved ...[text shortened]... r rated players posting in the forums. Remember, that only 0.8% of all active users are 2000+[/b]
Good post, but I beg to differ on 1 point ....

Erice1 may not have been the most blatant in terms of evidence from a game analysis perspective (you are eminently more able to judge that than I), but from a simple assessment of

games in progress 200+
moves per month (>6000)
rating maintenance 2200+

then you have to admit that's highly suspicious. Add in the winning of many hardcore/grind tourney's (some concurrent) without losing and imo he hisn't real. There's just no way he (or anyone else here for that matter) could maintain this profile

Thread 83141

Interestingly, a quick glance at the player table placed him in on page 1 ..... and his moves per month was of a magnitude greater than all bar one other player.....

For me, the final nail was the 'chess club' thread .... for sure there are new players to chess who have only played internet chess, but how many will have reached a 2200+ rating without playing otb in a club at some point ?

JoL
Curb Your Enthusiasm

London

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by cambridgeian

Erice1 may not have been the most blatant in terms of evidence from a game analysis perspective (you are eminently more able to judge that than I), but from a simple assessment of

games in progress 200+
moves per month (>6000)
rating maintenance 2200+

then you have to admit that's highly susp ...[text shortened]... ut how many will have reached a 2200+ rating without playing otb in a club at some point ?
Indeed - total plankdom on his part.

If you're going to cheat at least don't be a total eejit about it.

Note to future (and current engine users):= drawing attention to the fact you don't know anything about chess will not enhance your status.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by cambridgeian

games in progress 200+
moves per month (>6000)
rating maintenance 2200+

then you have to admit that's highly susp ...[text shortened]... ut how many will have reached a 2200+ rating without playing otb in a club at some point ?
All I said was that we've seen more blatant cases from a statistical point of view. But I agree with you that I don't recall having seen more blatant behaviour (moves, tournaments, postings etc)

I also agree with you that it would be very unusual (I'd say impossible!) for a player to reach 2200+ here without ever having played otb in chess club.

l

back in business

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by Adorea
i fail to see the connection between a 2300 rating, and a player who's never set foot in a chess club.

these two statements cannot reflect one man.
I fail to see how you can be losing like a beginner and then a few months down the road have master strength. I also fail to see how one can do all this without never setting foot in a chess club. I don't think even Fischer got to that level by sitting at home with a chess book.

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
13 Feb 08

Originally posted by cludi
I also agree with you that it would be very unusual (I'd say impossible!) for a player to reach 2200+ here without ever having played otb in chess club.
Well, I am not that far away from it.

FL

Moves
13 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by gambit05
Well, I am not that far away from it.
Have you really never played serious OTB chess before? I was thinking about starting a thread about who the highest rated such player on this site is, but was afraid it would interpreted as more cheating accusations from me.

There are so many resources on the internet nowadays, i.e. games databases, forums and of course places to play online chess, that I do wonder if someone could genuinely get to a very high standard without actually meeting any players face to face.

Anyway, you are a good place to start: User 154819. Any advance on 2154 (#42 in the top player table) for someone on this site who has never played serious OTB chess before? By serious I mean tournament, league or other competitive chess.

v

Moves
13 Feb 08

where is the other thread ? where he was saying about that he just went first time to a chess club ?