Engine cheats - How should we approach them?

Engine cheats - How should we approach them?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
21 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I have told you guys how to increase your ability to choose the best move if you would take the time. Everyone can play much better here than they can OTB. One of the big things that all should do if they wish to play better games on here is to use the Analyze Board feature, once you get out of the book opening you are using, before making your move. The d ...[text shortened]... that it may also increase your chances of matching the move a computer chess engine might make.
99% of us Analyze the Board so the otb rating would be very similar

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I know of three people, myself included, who have ran a full 20 game engine analysis of RJHinds.

Thread 14536

page 13 for the 'sexy' stuff.
You have yet to reveal how to run an engine analysis of games to get 3 or 4 best moves and why you did it just for me. You never made a followup on the other people I played that had what was determined were high engine matchup rates also. Some even higher than me. I was the only one singled out as a cheat. Why would that be?

t

Moves
21 Nov 12

You have yet to reveal how to run an engine analysis of games to get 3 or 4 best moves and why you did it just for me. You never made a followup on the other people I played that had what was determined were high engine matchup rates also. Some even higher than me. I was the only one singled out as a cheat. Why would that be?
have you to ever played each other it could be a personal thing

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Nov 12
2 edits

You have yet to reveal how to run an engine analysis of games to get 3 or 4 best moves and why you did it just for me.

Who says i did it just for you?

You never made a followup on the other people I played that had what was determined were high engine matchup rates also.

Again, how do you know who i've analysed?

I was the only one singled out as a cheat. Why would that be?

Not true. I've singled out other people for engine use. Forum moderators though frown upon accusations of cheating so i have to be careful what i say. Are you privy to my personal message box and who i've talked to?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

Originally posted by tim88
99% of us Analyze the Board so the otb rating would be very similar
Not so. You can not move the pieces around OTB before making your move to see how different variations will look. It is much easier to see things that you might have missed OTB when you have to play under a short time limit and have to try to spend brain power trying to remember where you are planning to move your pieces. OTB you have to keep thinking until the game is done within the shortened time controls, under which, you have to also remember to hit the clock and write your move down, which breaks your concentration. On RHP you have plenty of time to figure out the best move and then you can go to bed and get rest so you are fresh again for the next move. I am an old man and I get tired of thinking before I get through a game OTB. I used to be able to play 3 tournament games in a day without getting tired. That is no longer true.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12
1 edit

[b]You have yet to reveal how to run an engine analysis of games to get 3 or 4 best moves and why you did it just for me.

Who says i did it just for you?

You never made a followup on the other people I played that had what was determined were high engine matchup rates also.

Again, how do you know who i've analysed?

I was the onl ve to be careful what i say. Are you privy to my personal message box and who i've talked to?
Who else did you single out and where is the engine analysis of their games and what thread is that on?

P.S. Were they also Christians who pointed out how stupid your belief in the theory of evolution was?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Nov 12

Who else did you single out and where is the engine analysis of their games and what thread is that on?
Kings & Pawns. The thread has been deleted.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

Kings & Pawns. The thread has been deleted.
Yeah, a likely story.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Nov 12

Yeah, a likely story.
Here's a piece of advice for you - Take responsibility for your own actions - you're a grown man, act like one. Quit swanning round the forums like an attention seeking child trying to blame everyone else for what is ultimately your own fault.

Moves
21 Nov 12

LOL..😵

d

Moves
21 Nov 12

I bet you think you are funny. However, there is nothing funny about being harrassed with accusations of cheating and lying and threats of being banned. My reputation has been tarnished by all these actions and all you want to do is make fun of it.
You seem to have forgotten that you confessed to being a cheat. It was all great fun then.

Z

Moves
21 Nov 12

Not so. You can not move the pieces around OTB before making your move to see how different variations will look. It is much easier to see things that you might have missed OTB when you have to play under a short time limit and have to try to spend brain power trying to remember where you are planning to move your pieces. OTB you have to keep thinking unt ...[text shortened]... d to be able to play 3 tournament games in a day without getting tired. That is no longer true.
You don't even understand that there's a difference between the strongest unassisted human play & engine choice moves.
The best GM's in the world can't achieve the engine match rate %'s you got & never would regardless of how much time the study each position.
"Stronger" play doesn't necessarily mean "more engine-like".
The top 3 or top 4 methods test for engine correlation, not how good a player is.

RJHinds (Games: 20)
Top 1 Match: 510/767 ( 66.5% )
Top 2 Match: 645/767 ( 84.1% )
Top 3 Match: 704/767 ( 91.8% )
Top 4 Match: 728/767 ( 94.9% )

just means you're an idiot cheat & nothing more, nothing less.
It doesn't matter that such & such a player got a higher % match rate in 2 games. 20 of yours were analysed, and you yourself said in
http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=145363&page=13
that the game selection was fair.

The reason I selected you for analysis was that there were several key indicators that you were cheating.
1) you were well within the top 1% highest rateds.
2) at the time you had very few losses & draws in comparison to wins vs all-comers
3) you lost a few games early on vs lowish rated players, then seem to have had a "eureka" moment of enlightenment & beat virtually everyone. The typical ski-slope ratings graph that virtually all blatant cheats have
4) you expressed a remarkable lack of knowledge in this forum, considering how high a rating you had

All in all it's hardly surprising that you returned the match rate figures you did.

That Russ allows people like you to use his site is a slap in the face to strong players who don't cheat like you have & also the wider community here.
You make a mockery of the ToS, but more interesting you also make a mockery of your own belief system.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

Originally posted by deenny
You seem to have forgotten that you confessed to being a cheat. It was all great fun then.
Yes, I have forgotten.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1 John 1:9 NASB)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

Originally posted by Zygalski
You don't even understand that there's a difference between the strongest unassisted human play & engine choice moves.
The best GM's in the world can't achieve the engine match rate %'s you got & never would regardless of how much time the study each position.
"Stronger" play doesn't necessarily mean "more engine-like".
The top 3 or top 4 methods test fo ...[text shortened]... the ToS, but more interesting you also make a mockery of your own belief system.
The truth is you do not know the truth.

Jesus the Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 12

For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.