Early queen moves

Early queen moves

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Apr 07
1 edit

This is presumably bad. A beginners mistake!

So bringing the queen out on move 8 then moving it 6 times in sucession so that by move 13 it is trapped on h8 must surely be bad, especially if this is a Grob and white has no other pieces developed (except a B on g2).

Bad boy Dragon Fire. Ignoring elementary chess principles.

So was I wrong in Game 3362658

Edit: Oh by the way don't comment on the game as it is still in progress and I wouldn't want anyone telling me how to save my poor old lady.

P

Moves
02 Apr 07

Ah yeah you missed that mate in 30 a few moves ago..shame shame 😛

S

Moves
02 Apr 07

Hmmm....I'd prefer white.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by Shinidoki
Hmmm....I'd prefer white.
Even with 6 queen moves and 6 pawn moves and not even a knight developed yet in the 1st 13 moves?

Shame on you!

P

Moves
02 Apr 07

your opponents play is so bad you could probably beat him with just the white king left on the board...

C

Moves
02 Apr 07

Short of dropping pieces, I don't think there's anything you can do that's wrong when you're 600 points ahead of your opponent.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Apr 07
4 edits

Originally posted by PawnChop
your opponents play is so bad you could probably beat him with just the white king left on the board...
It is not right that you make such unfair criticism of my opposition when it is me that

1. played 1. g4;
2. made 6 pawn moves in my 1st 7 moves;
3. then moved my queen 6 times;
4. finally my queen ends up on move 13 on h8 surrounded by his pieces.

My play has broken all the basic opening principles.

Edit: Remember you guys game in progress so observe don't comment. Other than generic comments of no practical use of course.

How many more rules can I break? Can I get 9 queens and still have all my pieces? Would it be fair to even try that?

z

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
It is not right that you make such unfair criticism of my opposition when it is me that

1. played 1. g4;
4. finally my quuen ends up on move 13 on h8 surrounded by his pieces.

That's why they're principals and not strict rules.

d

Moves
02 Apr 07
1 edit

1. played 1. g4;

Edit: [b]Remember you guys game in progress an I break? Can I get 9 queens and still have all my pieces? Would it be fair to even try that?
[/b]There are no "lessons" to be learned when the skill gap is so evident.

Have a bit of class, and respect for you opponent, and talk about a more interesting (and finished) game.

M

Earth

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by zebano
That's why they're principals and not strict rules.
Yes, an intelligent reply.
You broke every opening rule because the game allowed you to win material, so you did. But I think we are being harsh to Dragon Fire, who shared this as an exceptional game, in that it was exceptionally unlike a normal opening. I don't think he was belittling anyone but himself. I like people who can do that and laugh. Nice one 🙂

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Apr 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Policestate
Yes, an intelligent reply.
You broke every opening rule because the game allowed you to win material, so you did. But I think we are being harsh to Dragon Fire, who shared this as an exceptional game, in that it was exceptionally unlike a normal opening. I don't think he was belittling anyone but himself. I like people who can do that and laugh. Nice one 🙂
Thank you. That is exactly what I am trying to do.

Obviously I expect to beat a player rated 600 below me and the point I am making is rules are there to be broken. My queen has gone on a sorte, I have won material and I expect to get her out (or exchange queens), and the point is it is okay to do this if the position justifies it.

Trying for a scholars mate is stupid but if an opportunity comes up as it did on move 7 take it (Qb3 was of course a normal developing move in the Grob) as long as you can calculate yourself back to safety.

On the forums I constantly read about rules and principles and the point is they are made to be broken. Don't stick rigidly to them, be flexible and break them at the right time.

P.S. Heres another (in progress also so no comments) whilst we are at it.
Rule 2: Never bring your king out early. On move 10 my King has moved 3 times and is playing an active part in the game on c3 (Game 3357510) - admittedly I was careless in allowing this but what the heck!

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Apr 07

1. played 1. g4;

Edit: [b]Remember you guys game in progress ...[text shortened]... an I break? Can I get 9 queens and still have all my pieces? Would it be fair to even try that?
Maybe we should start making comments as to moves you should consider, bring this to your opponents attention and see how they wish to deal with since you will then be receiving 3rd party assistance which is not allowed. 😲

This thread should never have been started until the game was finished.

I wonder what rules I would be breaking advising you what moves to make/consider next? 😲😲😲

How many more [i]rules can I break? Can I get 9 queens and still have all my pieces? Would it be fair to even try that?[/b][/i]

That sounds like a request for advice on whether to obtain 9 queens or not? Are you seeking outside advice? Is that allowed on RHP? Mmmmmm.

Maybe this thread should just be deleted and a new one started once the game is over.

h

Moves
02 Apr 07

You assume that he will figure out to trap the queen. He just might miss it.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
02 Apr 07

Originally posted by adramforall
Maybe we should start making comments as to moves you should consider, bring this to your opponents attention and see how they wish to deal with since you will then be receiving 3rd party assistance which is not allowed. 😲

This thread should never have been started until the game was finished.

I wonder what rules I would be breaking advising you ...[text shortened]... Mmmmmm.

Maybe this thread should just be deleted and a new one started once the game is over.
Are you serious?

Do you really consider that "Shall I get 9 queens?" is a serious question and that I am seeking your help to do it. No! I am just demonstrating my contempt for sound opening principles.

🙂

R

Moves
03 Apr 07

Rule 2: Never bring your king out early. On move 10 my King has moved 3 times and is playing an active part in the game on c3 (Game 3357510) - admittedly I was careless in allowing this but what the heck!
Your king has moved twice.