Does anyone know what happens when a player just refuses to accept a draw???

Does anyone know what happens when a player just refuses to accept a draw???

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
17 Jul 20

Game Id 13781282

This game can go on forever and ever, always as a draw, but the opponent refuses the draw offer, and continues playing, on and on, with no intentions of accepting a draw result?

How can I force him or her to accept the draw offer, or if not then how do I end the game, without just resigning it?

Anyone know? Thanks

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Jul 20

@brrr said
Game Id 13781282
Firstly nobody can comment on a game in progress.

Secondly how do you become 1800 without knowing how to claim a draw?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jul 20

@wolfgang59
Besides that, why do you have over 150 games active anyway? That is nuts.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
20 Jul 20

@brrr said
Game Id 13781282

This game can go on forever and ever, always as a draw, but the opponent refuses the draw offer, and continues playing, on and on, with no intentions of accepting a draw result?

How can I force him or her to accept the draw offer, or if not then how do I end the game, without just resigning it?

Anyone know? Thanks
There's only certain situations where you can claim a draw(King v King and Knight for example)
If your position is not one of these situations there's nothing you can do I'm afraid.
I believe Russ does a cull of inactive games periodically so you may have to wait for that

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Jul 20

@venda said
If your position is not one of these situations there's nothing you can do I'm afraid.
Not so.
The usual rules of chess apply.

You may declare a draw after 50 consecutive moves without a pawn move or piece capture.

You may declare a draw after the third repetition of a position.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Jul 20

@sonhouse said
@wolfgang59
Who me?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
21 Jul 20

@wolfgang59 said
Not so.
The usual rules of chess apply.

You may declare a draw after 50 consecutive moves without a pawn move or piece capture.

You may declare a draw after the third repetition of a position.
Sorry for the misleading comment.
I know all about repeated positions etc
I was thinking that situations such as where only Kings are left on the board draws happened automatically.
Thinking about it further,I don't think that does happen.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
21 Jul 20

@venda
Maybe one for the Admin🤷‍♂️

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
21 Jul 20

@brrr said
Game Id 13781282

Anyone know? Thanks
His rating suggests he doesn't recognize it's a draw, so I suggest playing on for another 10 or 20 moves. He might realise at that point he can't win, or possibly become frustrated and make a game losing move.

I've offered draws that were refused and then went on to win... it happens.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@wolfgang59
No Brrr.

mlb62

Moves
22 Jul 20

It's my understanding that there aren't any chess websites that allow a draw claim after the three move rule. Just isn't written into the code.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Jul 20

@ogb said
It's my understanding that there aren't any chess websites that allow a draw claim after the three move rule. Just isn't written into the code.
It is here

mlb62

Moves
22 Jul 20

@ponderable said
It is here
are you sure? .so after a position happens three times, there's a button to click to claim a draw?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@ogb said
are you sure? .so after a position happens three times, there's a button to click to claim a draw?
On the Website:directly below the "submit move" button is a button to "offer draw" and one to "Claim draw" you can click on that on each and every move. If the conditions for claiming a draw are met the draw will be declared and the game ended.

On the phone you have to look up the menue in the upper right to find that function.

mlb62

Moves
22 Jul 20

@ponderable said
On the Website:directly below the "submit move" button is a button to "offer draw" and one to "Claim draw" you can click on that on each and every move. If the conditions for claiming a draw are met the draw will be declared and the game ended.

On the phone you have to look up the menue in the upper right to find that function.
ok TY