Defensive Chess Lesson

Defensive Chess Lesson

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
12 Jun 06

t

my island

Moves
12 Jun 06

Game 2109403 😞

B

Moves
12 Jun 06

M

Moves
12 Jun 06

Game in progress! Do not dicsuss.

B

Moves
12 Jun 06
2 edits

Fair enough!
Although question being posed is not about this game but and alternative line that should have been taken.
And accordingly differs from the game that is in play.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Jun 06

Originally posted by Bishopcrw
Fair enough!
Although question being posed is not about this game but and alternative line that should have been taken.
Should not be discussing a game in progress!!

F

Moves
12 Jun 06

Fair enough!
Why just not wait until the game is over?
Then we can discuss it freely and thoroughly.

S

Moves
13 Jun 06

stitching you up

Moves
14 Jun 06

Originally posted by Shinidoki
Seeing as the position has been passed in the game (thus too late to do anything) i don't see any problem discussing the problem posted.
unfortunately the problem is that, even though the position may have passed, any advice on what you should have done may still influence what you yet do. Even if it can't the rule is a blanket ban on talking about games in progress, or parts/off shoots thereof, to remove the chance or suspicion that someone is seeking advice to aid their game.

I hope you understand
BF

B

Moves
14 Jun 06

Although conversely BF,

This post is not asking about help with my game at all.
In fact which moves black should play was never mentioned.

stitching you up

Moves
14 Jun 06

Although conversely BF,

This post is not asking about help with my game at all.
In fact which moves black should play was never mentioned.
fair enough, but like I said there is a blanket rule to not talk about games in progress to remove all doubt. It may seem silly from your perspective if you know that what you're talking about can't influence your game, but others aren't to know that (for example, although you aren't asking about black's moves. could you be looking for predixctions as to what white may play against you?).

Even if your question was examined and seen as OK by a really good (ie. far better than me) player tp not be able to influence the game, if we allow one question about a game in progress then how do we object to the next 10 that might not be so innocent? Nope, even if it excludes innocent questions the rule still applies for good reasons. I hope you understand

BF

M

Eternity

Moves
18 Jun 06

Originally posted by belgianfreak
fair enough, but like I said there is a blanket rule to not talk about games in progress to remove all doubt. It may seem silly from your perspective if you know that what you're talking about can't influence your game, but others aren't to know that (for example, although you aren't asking about black's moves. could you be looking for predixctions as t ...[text shortened]... des innocent questions the rule still applies for good reasons. I hope you understand

BF
No question was asked at all, the game was posted and a statement about it was given as the thread title, no question, nothing wrong.