David and Goliath game on chessgames.com

David and Goliath game on chessgames.com

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
08 Mar 08
2 edits

Here Kasparov was beaten by a player with same name as one of our most respected and strong players. Is it the same person ?

And what's up with Kasparov's 12. Nf5 move... ? He got two pawns and for a piece but as far as I see black castle is still pretty much solid...

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1311655

N

The sky

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
Here Kasparov was beaten by a player with same name as one of our most respected and strong players. Is it the same person ?
Yes.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
Yes.
Woooow 😲

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by ivan2908
Woooow 😲
it was a simul though, but it's still an impressive achievement. there aren't many people who have won kasparov, simul or not.

tebb posted his analysis in some thread way back...

oh here it is:

Thread 3438

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by wormwood
it was a simul though, but it's still an impressive achievement. there aren't many people who have won kasparov, simul or not.

tebb posted his analysis in some thread way back...

oh here it is:

Thread 3438
Actually I'm a bit embarrassed by what I wrote about that game. Some of my comments were supposed to be funny - but they weren't 😳

Never annotate a game when you're drunk! 😵

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
Actually I'm a bit embarrassed by what I wrote about that game. Some of my comments were supposed to be funny - but they weren't 😳

Even more important not to play the game while drunk!

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
08 Mar 08

I found them quite funny 😛

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Mar 08

what are you talking about, some of the best annotations have been written drunk. 🙂

"With the black pieces I soon equalised, but my opponent played the middle game well, and as our pawn chains locked the centre efficiently, the a-file was my only hope. Luckily, Nigel Chapman offered me a pint as we passed the first time control, and that did the trick. With my opponent spending much time, and me with no risk of losing, I managed to "grind her down", winning a pawn and then another before 0-1 was a fact. Not an impressive start, but nonetheless a point and a pint."

http://www.blackpoolchess.org.uk/games/borchgrevink_2007_games.htm