CTS record ! ! ! :))))))))))))))))

CTS record ! ! ! :))))))))))))))))

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

1550, nearing 10000 tries !!

Every time I would break 1549 I would drop back. But not this time.

Mwahahahaha 😛

I am so happy !!!

London

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by ivan2908

Mwahahahaha 😛

I am so happy !!!
Nice one...dare I ask what your success rate percentage is?

k

Moves
07 Mar 08

Mwahahahaha 😛

I am so happy !!!
I am 2089.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Mahout
Nice one...dare I ask what your success rate percentage is?
Pretty low recently, about 75 percent. 🙁

EDIT : Now I checked, actually is 69 , even worse.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by kenan
I am 2089.
tries or rating 😲 ?

z

Moves
07 Mar 08

I've broken 1600 five times now and just need to figure out how to stay there. Success around 70.7%.

London

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by zebano
I've broken 1600 five times now and just need to figure out how to stay there. Success around 70.7%.
I find the relationship between the rating and the success rate quite interesting. Wormwood put me on to this and I decided to aim for a high success rate and ignore the rating. Unfortunately - I now have both a low rating 998 and a low success rate 79.3%. My target is to get the success rate up to 85% then work on the rating....but I'll have to put more time in.

z

Moves
07 Mar 08

I find the relationship between the rating and the success rate quite interesting. Wormwood put me on to this and I decided to aim for a high success rate and ignore the rating. Unfortunately - I now have both a low rating 998 and a low success rate 79.3%. My target is to get the success rate up to 85% then work on the rating....but I'll have to put more time in.
I've noticed that as well. It's for that reason that I also use CT-Art in which I aim for higher % success. Unfortunately, with as many attempts as I have on CTS, it's insanely difficult to raise that % by more than .1% in a session.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08

Hmm.. i did not think that way.. You think that is probably better to care more about succes rate ? But then you lose points on time... Instead of that I do like this : I try to find a solution as fast as I can but if I fail than I go to the unrated review and take my time, if necessary...

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by zebano
I've noticed that as well. It's for that reason that I also use CT-Art in which I aim for higher % success. Unfortunately, with as many attempts as I have on CTS, it's insanely difficult to raise that % by more than .1% in a session.
What about chess tempo ? Is it good too ?

FL

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by kenan
I am 2089.
I have never got anywhere near that on the chess tactics server. I can generally stay above 1700 in a half hour session but I struggle to get much higher. I'm just too slow nowadays - I can solve the tactics, but not quick enough.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
I have never got anywhere near that on the chess tactics server. I can generally stay above 1700 in a half hour session but I struggle to get much higher. I'm just too slow nowadays - I can solve the tactics, but not quick enough.
I think he was reffering to his number of tries..

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
07 Mar 08

Hmm.. i did not think that way.. You think that is probably better to care more about succes rate ? But then you lose points on time... Instead of that I do like this : I try to find a solution as fast as I can but if I fail than I go to the unrated review and take my time, if necessary...
that's not a bad idea, but it's even better to do them correctly to begin with. -each problem you guess wrong imprints the wrong thought pattern even harder. don't enforce bad habits, try to weed them out instead. subtract the negative.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
07 Mar 08

What about chess tempo ? Is it good too ?
the problem set is far worse. lots of ambiguous solutions and even wrong ones. -many of the problems are from CTS, but where CTS lines stop when there are equally good continuations, chesstempo will force you to pick one randomly.

d

Moves
07 Mar 08

congratulations. I hope I also will make it around that rating some day, but I want to keep my percentage high (above 90).

I have reached 6843 tries with 90.0 percentage and a 1363 rating. (highest is 1390). it really really gets me frustrated not being able to climb. it gets higher so slow I sometimes get the feeling if I don't compromise that percentage, I'll never see 1500s. but I'll try some more.