Coach Wanted

Coach Wanted

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by irontigran
not trying to change your mind!

a good idea to find a coach might be to go to chess.com and use their "find a coach" feature, and look on the map and see if someones near you, check out their profile which should show rating and price..
I wasn't just pointing those words at you and thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by PBE6
Ha! Just saying, I think chess coaching is somewhere in the range of $40-$60 per hour, like most music lessons. Also, according to wormwood, working on tactics for a few hours every day is the best way to achieve a of up to 2000. Considering his playing strength, I'd take his advice.
a few hours on chess every DAY? that's why suicide hot-lines are so busy. insanity.

rc

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
What level coach were you looking for? If you want masters I would suggest trying ICC - there are alot of coaches there and if you were to ask a FM or IM I am sure they would give you quite good rates (as the grands tend to ask higher prices as their services are mroe sought after) and be glad that somebody recognises their quality.
yes there are zillions of coaches at ICC, ranging from a mere 20 dollars per hour up to fifty dollars per hour. Some of them are quite famous!

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by trev33
a few hours on chess every DAY? that's why suicide hot-lines are so busy. insanity.
Hehe... 😵

A

Moves
05 Feb 10

I thought you meant a coach irl.If online is ok too check him out:

http://www.clasesajedrezonline.com.ar/en/index.htm

Vladimir Kosyrev teaches on ICC,can't remember his handle right now.he's good but charges 50$/hour.
I also heard good things about LazyPawn,another ICC teacher.

Btw,you can see all ICC teachers here:
http://www.chessclub.com/activities/teachers.html

Moves
05 Feb 10

Originally posted by irontigran
yeah, just spending all that time on tactics is best.. thats what Im currently doing, very cost effective 🙂

also, instead of 400 a week, what about getting chessmentor for 100 a year? awesome program
the van perlo book, endgame tactics, is really good.
the endgame is more than just technique, there are tactics lurking too.

a

Moves
07 Feb 10

hi you can go to chess.com and get a coach for free.

rc

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by allgator
hi you can go to chess.com and get a coach for free.
i cannot see any free chess coaches there 🙁

P

Moves
25 Mar 10
1 edit