Chess Girls

Chess Girls

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I suppose the best thing to do is actually ask some of the
girl chess players on this site what they look for and how they
would like to be approached.

But there again I expect a lot of the girls on here do not want to expose themselves.
(whoops. I had better re-phrase that).

I expect most of the girls on here masquerade as guys so they
won't g ...[text shortened]... ch, Dragonfire, Squelchbelch, Russ and of course Robbie Carrobie.
I think these are all girls.
hey, pawn dude, youre closer to the truth than you think, ah that instantly forgettable but strangely memorable epoch termed, 'new romantic', days of duran duran, culture club and soft cell, french combed hair and eyeliner, cannae whack it wae a big stick!

e4

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hey, pawn dude, youre closer to the truth than you think, ah that instantly forgettable but strangely memorable epoch termed, 'new romantic', days of duran duran, culture club and soft cell, french combed hair and eyeliner, cannae whack it wae a big stick!
Hi Robbie.

Remember the 70's - I was the image of Marc Bolan. Even wore
the glitter and the girls shoes with the single strap. And was forever
borrowing my girlfriends make up.

Painted my teeth once with luminous paint so the ultra violet light
would make them glow. But it did not quite work. I ended up with
a bright glow in the dark tongue and was ill.

Then punk came - still remember pogo-ing to The Ramones with
some of the strongest (at that time) chess players in Scotland.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
What do think about the theory that men who haven't had the pleasure of female company for a long time give off "desperation waves", which drive women away? Whenever I've been in a relationship I've had no trouble whatsoever chatting to (other) attractive women and now that I am happily married I have to take out injunction orders to stop the beautiful single women from disturbing me all the time.
That's called the stench of desperation. Women can smell it out a mile away.

P

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
Does anybody else ever get this problem when you see girls at a chess tournament and they are usually so young and pretty (not too young mind you, you cant catch me out that easily) and think it would be quite cool to go up and have a talk to them but not really know any good lines to break the ice. I dont really want to just talk about chess with ...[text shortened]... e rest of yous ever been in this situation but managed to succeed with the girl and impress her?
Just be like most guys....stare at her from the other side of the room so that she thinks you're weird...

what ever happened to classic pick up lines like:

"Fritz just analayzed us and found mate in two"... 😛

p
High Priest

The Volcano

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by Patzergrl

"Fritz just analayzed us and found mate in two"... 😛
I'm so using that.

FL

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by Patzergrl
Just be like most guys....stare at her from the other side of the room so that she thinks you're weird...
Well you know what they say - Better to stare forlornly across the room and be thought a weirdo than to actually chat to the girl and prove it.

e4

Moves
22 Aug 08

Originally posted by paultopia
I'm so using that.
I've used it - she called me a cheat 😉

Moves
23 Aug 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
What do think about the theory that men who haven't had the pleasure of female company for a long time give off "desperation waves", which drive women away? Whenever I've been in a relationship I've had no trouble whatsoever chatting to (other) attractive women and now that I am happily married I have to take out injunction orders to stop the beautiful single women from disturbing me all the time.
My buddies and I used to talk about this all the time. We thought it was the other way around - if you're in a steady relationship, you give off "I'm relaxed and comfortable" waves.

One other twist is that when I was lonely (single for a while), I'd always get hit on by (unhappy) married women. So maybe there were some desperation waves, too.

n

Moves
23 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
. . . succeed with the girl and impress her?
Walk up to her with a board with set pieces: white king in check next to red knight which if taken will seal white's doom. Say . . .

"If I gave you a check would you take my knight so I could mate?

And then start rambling about Swiss gambits, Swedish wolverines, and the rest of those european x-men, and then she is as good as yours.

You can bring the chess clock into bed later to account for who is on top the longest.

lookin for a way out

Moves
23 Aug 08

Originally posted by nihilismor

You can bring the chess clock into bed later to account for who is on top the longest.
"bring" 😲
Did you mean 'take', or were you making Trixie an offer? 😛

D

Moves
25 Aug 08

T

Moves
25 Aug 08

I usually talk without problem with girls regardless of the topic. However i do over analyze and always try to "win" the discussions and so on so they eventually start to hate me or just realize i've made them look bad for being wrong in the conversation.

So i guess i know my own problem but just cant stop myself. ._.

I was also under the impression that hot girls wouldn't play chess until i saw the winner of french championships this year. O.o

I'll just use this next time.
Walk up to the girl and stare. "Check... check... check..." repeat.

rc

Moves
25 Aug 08
3 edits

Originally posted by Tera
I usually talk without problem with girls regardless of the topic. However i do over analyze and always try to "win" the discussions and so on so they eventually start to hate me or just realize i've made them look bad for being wrong in the conversation.

So i guess i know my own problem but just cant stop myself. ._.

I was also under the impression that use this next time.
Walk up to the girl and stare. "Check... check... check..." repeat.
''it's the fault of the chess players themselves. I don't know what they used to be, but now they're not the most gentlemanly group. When it was a game played by the aristocrats it had more like you know dignity to it. When they used to have the clubs, like no women were allowed and everybody went in dressed in a suit, a tie, like gentlemen, you know. Now, kids come running in their sneakers. Even in the best chess club-and they got women in there!'', lol, Fischer was the greatest!

FL

Moves
25 Aug 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Claire grew up in the same town as me (I'm at least five years older than her) and I don't remember there being any sexism in our local club (Fareham Chess Club - DragonFire and a few others on RHP are current members) or in the junior tournaments that we used to play in. Of course I wouldn't have been subject to it myself (for those who don't know, I'm no lady) and so may have just not noticed it.

One thing which used to annoy me is that there would always be a girls' prize, even if there was only one girl in the tournament. This meant that even a fairly weak girl player would pick up more than her fair share of plastic trophies and little wooden shields over the course of a few seasons. I remember a Hampshire under 18 championship where I got duffed up by the likes of Phillip Rossiter, James Poulton etc. but still managed to score a respectable 50%. However the Hampshire under 18 girls title was picked up someone (not Claire) who scored 0.5/6 and she was duly awarded a huge trophy and some prize money!

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
25 Aug 08

She must have a bit of a chip on her shoulder, though, given that she founded a team in the national league that comprises almost entierly of women.