cheating

cheating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by Dies Irae
She's saying that if you are not a great player you should not be making moves like a great player. And if you are making great moves you are either rated 2000 or you are cheating.

vbrown was playing like a 2000 rated player but he is not rated that so he must be cheating. I want your cheating program, vbrown, as it mounted a great defense!
Umm, game link?

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ana F
ok!

Let's think...

Two people playing chess.. I play a move here in RedHot and i play against computer in a cheat game! A computer makes a move (if it's a cheat of course the best move). I came here to my game and my opponent plays the same move that my cheat box!! If he plays always the same as the computer so or he was cheating or he is so good player ...[text shortened]... evel (only Kasparov). So if my opponent makes the same moves as advanced computer....

hum?
Why are you plugging your moves into an engine during a game??

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Umm, game link?
I just provided an english translation, I have no idea what games they are talking about in this thread.

AF

Moves
12 Jan 07

Why are you plugging your moves into an engine during a game??
It's simple my friend... In RedHot there are a lot of peolpe using cheat programs.. When i see my opponents with low rating make really good moves and win in 10 moves, What i make it put my plays in a engine and simulate my opponents move, if they match with the engine i RESIGN and don't play anymore with that person.

I do not use that engines for myself (if i use then why is my rating so low?)

I only use then to see if my opponent is fair..

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
12 Jan 07

Alrght what are some of your games that this happened.

Also, just because 1 move matches up with a computer doesn't mean there is a cheater... and besides, you putting your moves into an engine during a game is cheating as you can see what the best possible move for the enemy is meaning you can plan around this, thinking up the best move for yourself with this knowledge.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Jan 07

It's simple my friend... In RedHot there are a lot of peolpe using cheat programs.. When i see my opponents with low rating make really good moves and win in 10 moves, What i make it put my plays in a engine and simulate my opponents move, if they match with the engine i RESIGN and don't play anymore with that person.

Putting a game into an engine while it is still in progress is against the rules, PERIOD! You don't need to be a grandmaster to correct mistakes. I match an engine a LOT when my opponent is making errors, that doesn't mean i'm cheating. You can analyse games when they are finished. If you feel your opponent is cheating you send the analysis to the game mods. THEY decide who is cheating, no one else!

AF

Moves
12 Jan 07

Alrght what are some of your games that this happened.

Also, just because 1 move matches up with a computer doesn't mean there is a cheater... and besides, you putting your moves into an engine during a game is cheating as you can see what the best possible move for the enemy is meaning you can plan around this, thinking up the best move for yourself with this knowledge.
YAh, of course i don't see only for one move, but if my oponent makes 10 or more equal moves...

And i see what is my best move in Analyse Board i don't need an engine... If i use then i probably will have more than 1500 rating...

And i don't see all my games, only when i play a lot of times with the same opponent, if see something suspect i look to my angine, but it only happens if really i suspect...

There's not for sure, but like i say if he make 20 moves like a computer (That only plays best moves) so he is really a master!

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
12 Jan 07

ok!

Let's think...

Two people playing chess.. I play a move here in RedHot and i play against computer in a cheat game! A computer makes a move (if it's a cheat of course the best move). I came here to my game and my opponent plays the same move that my cheat box!! If he plays always the same as the computer so or he was cheating or he is so good player ...[text shortened]... evel (only Kasparov). So if my opponent makes the same moves as advanced computer....

hum?
Ok, I think I know what you are getting it. Basically it is something that has been debated in great length before. There isn't such thing has a "cheat detection device" as far as I am aware. There are engines, but their primary purpose isn't to detect cheats, which is what my last post was getting at. The original poster said their opponent was using a "cheat detection device".

Aside from that, you shouldn't use an engine on a game you are currently playing, even if to see if the last move your opponent played matches. Reasoning being that the process of using the engine will still provide insight into what moves to play yourself.

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
12 Jan 07

YAh, of course i don't see only for one move, but if my oponent makes 10 or more equal moves...

And i see what is my best move in Analyse Board i don't need an engine... If i use then i probably will have more than 1500 rating...

And i don't see all my games, only when i play a lot of times with the same opponent, if see something suspect i look to my an ...[text shortened]... y if he make 20 moves like a computer (That only plays best moves) so he is really a master!
Honestly, unless you are at the top level of play here, you shouldn't worry about cheaters that much because 1) they will be almost impossible to detect and 2) it doesn't matter.

You sound too worried about it. It just comes with the territory and you should just get over it. Its like swimming in the ocean and being afraid of sharks. Your fears are usually bigger than the actual danger.

AF

Moves
12 Jan 07

Honestly, unless you are at the top level of play here, you shouldn't worry about cheaters that much because 1) they will be almost impossible to detect and 2) it doesn't matter.

You sound too worried about it. It just comes with the territory and you should just get over it. Its like swimming in the ocean and being afraid of sharks. Your fears are usually bigger than the actual danger.
Of course, That your right! But for sure nobody likes to be cheated...

I don't care if they use or not, i just ask to tell me, so i can play with more attention... But from now on...

I choose my opponents carefully. I don't care if they use engines or not. It's just a game. Life is NOT a game!

The End.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Jan 07

Admitting to using an engine on games in progress? Enjoy being banned.

d

1. e4!!

Moves
12 Jan 07

If a person is using an engine to cheat against me then he is just cheating himself. He/She will do this to a number of people and slowly or quickly climb to the top and I'll still be down here struggling but learning.

d

1. e4!!

Moves
12 Jan 07
1 edit

v

Moves
12 Jan 07

I'm going to jump in here and see if we can bring this thread to an end. As the thread originator I should be able to do that eh?:-) Ana F and my (accuser opponent) obviously know each other and use the same device to detect cheaters. As one poster pointed out this cannot be legal. Even if they are not intending to "cheat" they obviously can be influenced as to their future moves. I think they are probably paranoid of playing cheaters and do not have bad motives.
As far as Ana F's point about my play being higher than my rating suggests, I have this to say. I just started playing on line chess. I have played chess all of my life in friendly games. Not competition. I have only played about 20 games on RHP and obviously as I win more games (or lose) my rating will adjust. I do use the analysis board tool religiously after my Grandson beat me:-)
If I made some fantastic move that indicated a 2000 rating (not):-), I'm smileing. I make plenty of stupid moves even using the analysis board tool. I'd welcome it if someone would cause the moderators to check my games. I've never used any tool or engine or what ever you call it.
I grew up on the tailing edge of an era where a man's word meant what was said. In this age of
the internet and the ease of being anonymous, it would be tempting to some to take advantage of that omnimnity. However as a follower of Jesus, that would not be an option for me. Besides, who is a cheater really cheating. Only himself... The End

Moves
12 Jan 07

Threads accusing someone of cheating are not allowed, and unfortunately threads complaining about a cheating accusation invariably lead to someone being accused of cheating, which is now happening here.

I think all that could be useful has been said (if you ahve concerns about a cheat take it to the game mods, if you have been accused of cheating then ignore it or if you can't (because it turns in to harassment etc) take it to the admins...) so the thread is now closed to prevent any further accusations being made.