Calling out players who have no respect in resigning

Calling out players who have no respect in resigning

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

1. vorgod

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
20 Apr 14

Why must it bother someone whether a game is won now, or 3 days/weeks/months from now?

Just move on happily with your other games, and allow people to play within the agreed upon time controls - as is their right - with respect

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
1. vorgod
Quit yer whining and just checkmate him already.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Apr 14

He can't resign. It's your move.

R

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by thaughbaer
I've always resigned when it's the other players move.

R

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Quit yer whining and just checkmate him already.
Say hi to your mom for me

R

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by thaughbaer
See look I moved. It's his move but I resigned out of protest for his chess ettiqutte.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

Say hi to your mom for me
Join the Masters of Zen, enter the Chess temple and you will learn that all form is emptiness and that patience is bitter yet its fruit is sweet!

R

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

I chose to resign on a lot of my games. So that way my rating will go lower and I won't play games too much for a whole year and that way I can sandbag a lot of tournaments. And actually play people at my rating level so technically I'm not really sandbagging tournaments!

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

I chose to resign on a lot of my games. So that way my rating will go lower and I won't play games too much for a whole year and that way I can sandbag a lot of tournaments. And actually play people at my rating level so technically I'm not really sandbagging tournaments!
you know on second thoughts maybe you should not join the Zen Masters

R

California

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you know on second thoughts maybe you should not join the Zen Masters
in all future tournaments I'm in that he is in I will re-sign against him. I refuse to play players who do not re-sign and or open up in the same first move all the time show some variety.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

in all future tournaments I'm in that he is in I will re-sign against him. I refuse to play players who do not re-sign and or open up in the same first move all the time show some variety.
you have no jurisdiction over what move someone chooses to open with and you should be formless like water, simply ready to adapt to whatever form your opponent takes. Also he is perfectly within his right to prolong any game, irrespective of the position, you should learn patience and use it to reflect.

There is no I in chess - Robbie - Zen Master.

d

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

See look I moved. It's his move but I resigned out of protest for his chess ettiqutte.
Are we talking about game 10416866 here. If so, Black has a perfectly playable game and I think has the best winning chances .

h
Hopeless romantic

The sticks

Moves
20 Apr 14

... and in doing so you taught yer man that prolonging the game can pay off.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
20 Apr 14

Nothing to do with the fact that after g4 your position is completely lost ? Which incidentally.. he could have played a couple of moves ago.