banned players

banned players

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Fichtekränzi

Moves
14 Dec 08

I just saw, that inprob was banned.
But he has 75 games in progress!
So the sooner you recognise the ban and click on
the timeout skull, the more points you got.

Thats not fair.
Why cann't the admin stop all games of a banned player
at the same time with the ban?

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
14 Dec 08

They sometimes do, and sometimes they dont. I dont know what determines whether they allow somebodies rating to be completely gutted or kept intact, but it does happen.

N

The sky

Moves
14 Dec 08

Originally posted by afx
I just saw, that inprob was banned.
But he has 75 games in progress!
So the sooner you recognise the ban and click on
the timeout skull, the more points you got.
I doubt they can click on the skull. Usually when a player is banned, the games are frozen until they all get resigned automatically without changing the rating of either player (although as Tyrannosauruschex said, there have been cases in which the ratings were affected, but I suspect those few cases were glitches).

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
15 Dec 08

The admins sometimes would completely kill off peoples ratings - for example when ironman31 got banned they absolutely blasted it right down to 500 and gave everybody a win against him. Now the trend seems to be to preserve them in the state they were banned in.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
16 Dec 08

update on inprob: the games have been resigned, no rating points awarded.

p

Moves
16 Dec 08

If one is playing against a player they suspect of cheating what would be the fun thing to do ?

A. Keep playing normally
B. Take as much time as possible and maximize time bank to anger them
C. Resign ASAP
D. Play absurd and amusing moves since you will loose anyways

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by pijun
If one is playing against a player they suspect of cheating what would be the fun thing to do ?

A. Keep playing normally
B. Take as much time as possible and maximize time bank to anger them
C. Resign ASAP
D. Play absurd and amusing moves since you will loose anyways
E. Take as much time as possible and hope they get banned.

E

In Jim's arms

Moves
16 Dec 08
2 edits

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Dec 08

Let me get this right. Everyone over 2k you suspect is a cheat apart from those four?!

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Let me get this right. Everyone over 2k you suspect is a cheat apart from those four?!
I think what she means is that she is not confident that other specific individuals are not cheats and so when playing against other very highly rated players she cannot assume she is playing against a person except against those people. I don't think she means that every other highly rated player is cheating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, oh, great clan leader. 🙂

S

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
As you're a member of Dune I am shocked at your lack of support for RHP's #1 rated player.
😛

E

In Jim's arms

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by sh76
I think what she means is that she is not confident that other specific individuals are not cheats and so when playing against other very highly rated players she cannot assume she is playing against a person except against those people. I don't think she means that every other highly rated player is cheating.

Correct me if I'm wrong, oh, great clan leader. 🙂
Hi stephen, you are somehow right.

But maybe i exaggerated a little, but i really am not trusting people going above 2k rating, and will suspect of him/her as a cheater. The people mentioned above, i have full confidence in, although i have friends above 2k but yet i can't be certain. With the number of bannings and cludi a game mod was a cheat himself explains it.

SS

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
16 Dec 08

Unfortunately I can beat the only computer game I own (on maximum difficulty setting).😳

E

In Jim's arms

Moves
16 Dec 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I will not support anyone if I'm even 99.99% sure he/she is real.